Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag (BBC2, 9PM Saturdays)

Options
  • 25-02-2016 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭

I like me a bit of the old Black Comedy, so this looks interesting, starting 9PM Saturday 9PM on BBC2:
    An obnoxious group of friends struggle to survive the stag weekend from hell as a deer-hunting expedition quickly turns messy. Timid teacher Ian Telford joins the stag weekend of his brother-in-law Johnners and several of his obnoxious friends, as they embark on a deer-stalking adventure in the remote Scottish Highlands, organised by best man Ledge. But it's not long before the hunters become the prey, and their friendship is tested to the limit in a ruthless battle for survival.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pity they have put this opposite Trapped on BBC Four and can see this spitting the vote

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Very poor opening episode, don't think I'll bother with next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Average enough after hearing glowing things..

.. plus a shame to see both the excellent
    Reece Shearsmith
    and
    Tim Key
    to go first.

Will probably watch another though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I just watched the first episode, but I'm not going to bother going further. The characters and setups are just predictable, and the timing just doesn't work for me.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement