Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus saloon

Options
  • 25-02-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Thinking at going to look at a focus saloon 06 petrol 1.6

Need more space than my fiesta diesel but just wondering how is the focus saloon to live with?

Do a round trip of 300 miles nearly every weekend and fiesta is doing about 55 to gallon. What type of mileage should I get from the focus sticking to 110 km mo motorway, any ideas?

Thanks Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,414 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would've thought you'd get around 35mpg.
    Surely a diesel car would make sense, if you're doing more miles during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,163 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't expect similar mpg from a petrol Focus as the diesel Fiesta. A Focus is bigger and heavier than a Fiesta and a petrol engine is never going to be as frugal on those runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Diesel makes sense I know but the cost of changing is much dearer to buy one, if only the fiesta could stretch a little when needed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73,414 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How much is the petrol focus you're looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

I drive a 05 focus 1.6 auto ghia for last 18 months. Bought at 113k kms and it was mint condition.

- It is as economical as Lexus iS250 auto but manual 1.6 has different engine than mine so should be better but don't be too optimistic

- Stumbled upon almost all common problems: alternator needed to be fixed, dashboard needed to be fixed, boot lock is acting up due to wireloom damage

- It has good handling and steering feeling as expected from Fords.

- Suspension is firm enough but comfortable in ghia spec. I think zetec spec has sport suspensions(lower and firmer)

- Ghia spec has nice toys. I would avoid low spec Fords anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

All my mileage is done at weekends Colm. As I walk to work except when raining heavy, only a 10 min walk.

So most of my journey is at 80 km an hour and motorway which I don't ever drive at 120 most often it's 110, am an auld granda!!!!!!

Hence more space needed.

Advertisement