Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about engineering

Options
  • 25-02-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm wondering if you hand in a folder without a project for the leaving cert can you still get some marks from it? I tried my best to make the project but I didn't do metalwork for junior cert and had no idea how to design and make something myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Javik wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you hand in a folder without a project for the leaving cert can you still get some marks from it? I tried my best to make the project but I didn't do metalwork for junior cert and had no idea how to design and make something myself.

Didn't your teacher give you some assistance?

What is in your folder if you didn't make anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gleeson98

Javik wrote: »

You have a week try to make something simple you're bound to pick up some marks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javik

My teacher refused to help me unless I designed most of it myself, which again I had no clue of how to do.
    I don't have much of the folder done but I'm figuring I can probably write SOMETHING before march 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javik

gleeson98 wrote: »
    You have a week try to make something simple you're bound to pick up some marks
    That's my problem, I can't even do something simple. I guess I could make a base with wheels but that's about it. I don't know how to make it move or how to wire stuff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

You could get a lot done in one week if you plan it right, find a simple design tonight and draw it, use simple shapes which won't involve cutting, and just try and meet as many design requirements as you can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement