Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel additive 2-EHN

Options
  • 25-02-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used 2 EHN , and what were their opinion of it?

It improves the cetane rating of diesel, and apparently already in diesel to being it up to the euro standard of 51 Cetane.

Its also the active ingredient in many diesel fuel additives such as millers etc.
    A bottle of 99% pure 2EHN sells for about £15 on ebay, and its mixed at with 1000:1 or 500:1

so a 1L bottle could treat 500 to 1000L

Any dangers to using it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Bump.

Surely someone had tried it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

pa990 wrote: »
    Bump.

Surely someone had tried it..

Why would anyone bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No mentions on boards before. I don't see why someone would add stuff to their fuel other than the occasional fuel system cleaner.

Why would anyone bother?

The benefits of a higher cetane fuel....

And everyone is looking for the best diesel.

Total in France even advertise their excellium (!!) Diesel as having a higher cetane number/value, and give praise to the benefits of it, as do other fuel companies.

2ehn should make regular diesel into premium diesel at a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Wake up, it's Ireland - everyone here just want to have the cheapest possible diesel fuel. Nothing else matters.

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Wake up, it's Ireland - everyone here just want to have the cheapest possible diesel fuel. Nothing else matters.

True.. That's probably why laundered green sells so well.

Anyway I got some 2 ehn, and the engine is a whole lot quieter, so much so, that from 10feet away I thought the auto stop start had kicked in, add the engine was off.

As for extra mpg and power, it's hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

pa990 wrote:
    Anyway I got some 2 ehn, and the engine is a whole lot quieter, so much so, that from 10feet away I thought the auto stop start had kicked in, add the engine was off.

Was there a specific brand you bought? Or would you have the link?

Was there a specific brand you bought? Or would you have the link?

This is the stuff I'm using

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/shop-by-category/fuel-treatment-cleaners/cetane-boosters/2-ehn-2ehn.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Makes negligible difference. File under snake oil. If the benefits were significant it would be in all diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Makes negligible difference. File under snake oil. If the benefits were significant it would be in all diesel.

It is in premium diesel available on the continent, similar to 99RON petrol freely available everywhere except here.

• Advertisement

It is in premium diesel available on the continent, similar to 99RON petrol freely available everywhere except here.

All 'premium' diesel :rolleyes:. Sucker diesel doesn't count.

It is in all diesels, except green, which has a lower cetane number.(as a result of not having it)

Premium diesels have more of it.

Neh neh neh. Ye fúckin pricks ye.

If you look at the fuel specs and compare diesel with gas oil (green diesel)

You will see the different cetane values.

This is achieved by the addition of 2 EHN

https://www.topaz.ie/fuels/sds-product-specs.aspx

Advertisement