Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome

Options
  • 25-02-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi All,

My boyfriend is heading to Rome next week for work; does anyone have any recommendations on good deals or bargains for clothes/cosmetics shopping? I love Freddy jeans and I think these are Italian - are they cheaper in Rome?
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Rome/Italy is not cheap. Outlets are usually outside of the cities and they are cheaper.

Bata is good for not overly expensive decent shoes. Motivi is a good brand to check if you are relatively slim. There might be some promotions but outside outlets Italy never struck me as a place for bargain hunting. That being said, if you are buying leather shoes you will get waaay better stuff than Kurt Geiger shoes for less or the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Can't you just order them online and leave your boyfriend in peace while he's working abroad?

He's probably going to be busy with work, and often on those sort of things you have organised dinners with other staff in the evenings, so little spare time. (And that's if he doesn't end up working in the evenings.) And if he has spare time wouldn't it be better spent seeing some of the sights (which he can't do from home) rather than doing shopping for you when you could do that online yourself?

And if what he gets isn't the right size / colour etc then there is no returning it. But if you bought it online, you might be able to return it.

And buying online is probably cheaper anyway.

The days of needing to go somewhere to buy something is long gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Please don't post on old threads, this is from 2016! Closing. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement