Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surrender of the Four Courts - Irish Civil War

Options
  • 25-02-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any documents/articles that detail what was happening in the Four Courts around the time that the surrender order was received from Oscar Traynor?
    Reason I ask is that my father was told many years ago that it was his father that carried the order and I'd like to see if there is any evidence of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Try searching for his name in the bureau of military history, witness statements. Someone who gave a statement may have mentioned his name.

www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

Codpeas wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of any documents/articles that detail what was happening in the Four Courts around the time that the surrender order was received from Oscar Traynor?
    Reason I ask is that my father was told many years ago that it was his father that carried the order and I'd like to see if there is any evidence of that.

Wouldn't know myself but let us know if you find anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Ascendant wrote: »
    Wouldn't know myself but let us know if you find anything!

Will do! Haven't found anything yet but lots more searching to do.

I initially tried searching for his name but that showed up nothing of relevance.
    Not entirely surprised there as he wasn't directly involved in the conflict - he was a St. John's Ambulance man that spent his days in the company of Fr. Albert, whom I definitely know was in and out of the Four Courts around that time.

Advertisement