Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Facilities in WIT

Options
  • 25-02-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have recently been on the campuses of Sligo,Carlow,GMIT and Cork IT.The on-site facilities for students on those campuses are light years ahead of WIT where there isn't even somewhere to sit down outside the restaurants and a few couches thrown around.
    I dont know who is to blame for this campus services or the college but its really embarrassing when you compare whats available for students on other campuses of a similar size.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This has been known for years now. All facilities in WIT are fairly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

Its terrible , Sligo for example has a lovely student friendly campus with all of the building connected and with lots of open covered spaces for students to hang out.They have spent less money that WIT on capital over the last 15 years but seem to spent it in a lot more systematic and well planned way.
    WIT seems to have built stand alone buildings on the main campus with no though put to how students are meant to get back and forth between them in the weather. Sligo has all of its buildings connected with bridges and covered walkways.WIT had a decade of building an never thought about making the campus more student friendly ,its just like a bus station that everyone walks through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

imacman wrote: »
    Its terrible , Sligo for example has a lovely student friendly campus with all of the building connected and with lots of open covered spaces for students to hang out.They have spent less money that WIT on capital over the last 15 years but seem to spent it in a lot more systematic and well planned way.
    WIT seems to have built stand alone buildings on the main campus with no though put to how students are meant to get back and forth between them in the weather. Sligo has all of its buildings connected with bridges and covered walkways.WIT had a decade of building an never thought about making the campus more student friendly ,its just like a bus station that everyone walks through.

It's annoying when its raining and I have to walk from the humanities building over to the tourism and leisure building.I wish the buildings were closer some days especially when it's f**king lashing down

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

It's annoying when its raining and I have to walk from the humanities building over to the tourism and leisure building.I wish the buildings were closer some days especially when it's f**king lashing down
    Exactly we dont live in Spain , when they build that T&L building no thought was put in to how the building would be used by students , its a example of how little vision and strategic planning went into those developments

Advertisement