Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LMFM Relay

Options
  • 24-02-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

I heard a rumour that LMFM are looking to put a relay on covering Ashbourne, Ratoath and Dunshaughlin areas in the 100s.

Anyone know if it's true or myth. I would have thought that they would already have these areas well covered with their current transmitters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Nothing to do with the matter at hand but it remind me that back in 1998 LMFM launched a service for this area called Fresh FM. It lasted a matter of days before they were told to close it as it has no licence from the then IRCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Red Fred wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that LMFM are looking to put a relay on covering Ashbourne, Ratoath and Dunshaughlin areas in the 100s.

Anyone know if it's true or myth. I would have thought that they would already have these areas well covered with their current transmitters.

Probably some truth to it considering the filler TXs that were authorised last year for FM104/98/Q/Nova etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

out of interest. what frequencies are these relays on, and what areas do they cover?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Why don't they have their 95.5 tx moved to Co. Meath instead of having it several miles outside its broadcast area and blatently trying to get into parts of Co. Dublin?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

marno21 wrote: »
    Why don't they have their 95.5 tx moved to Co. Meath instead of having it several miles outside its broadcast area and blatently trying to get into parts of Co. Dublin?

The appropriate bit of Meath is pancake flat, basically

There are TXs for four out of franchise stations there for that reason - LMFM, KFM, East Coast and iRadio

• Advertisement
Advertisement