Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apres Match Presents Election '82 (RTE1 Wednesday 10.35pm)

Options
  • 24-02-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

"1982? ... sorry, lads it's the wrong programme" :)

Ah sure, some of the Apres Match Of The Days were decent. Hope they make good use of the archives.

Repeated (not loive) on Sunday at 11.40pm. Unless they stick in an extra Primetime Election '16 Special, you know yourself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Cheetah liked my beard, that was a tune :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Terry Prone and David McWilliams :D

Jaysus the state of Des Cahill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bring back the massive loudspeaker on the roof of the car I say :D

M

Ha ha Gay Mitchell in the confirmation suit.

• Advertisement
    M

Is that Niall Quinns real hair?

Were the three lads singing in the matching grey suits for real?

M

Back in the 80's people were afraid to protest against corrupt slieveen politicians.

M

Somebodies faced blurred next to CJH, wtf that's over 30 years ago, was there that much shame?

Charlie Haughey discovered that 1+1 = It's ****ing mine :D

• Advertisement

Those yellow paper hats! There was almost a riot when one of the candidates ran out of them when canvassing around our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Finding this hilarious :pac:

M

Did political parties really collect at the church gate?

Oh yeah, they were brazen about it.

A lot of people felt 'obliged' to throw something in because they vaguely knew one of the collectors, nasty business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not great by their usual standards.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If you gave over a certain amount in the church gate collection, FF sent you a receipt. Pity Haughey dropped the notion of giving receipts for money accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Surprised so many people are enjoying this.... It's terrible, terrible TV..... Where's the remote??.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ads are brilliant.

M

Skid X wrote: »
    Those yellow paper hats! There was almost a riot when one of the candidates ran out of them when canvassing around our way.

I think the paper hats need to come back too, they must have been dirt cheap to make, they were basically an A4 page with slots cut in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Skid X wrote: »
    Oh yeah, they were brazen about it.

A lot of people felt 'obliged' to throw something in because they vaguely knew one of the collectors, nasty business.

And there were often physical fights over one party stealing another ones pitch. "Misunderstandings" about who had won the coin toss to collect at midday mass (well dressed and loaded crowd) as opposed to the 8 AM mass (hungover ejits with nothing better to do until the pubs opened).

Altogether an election back then was proper fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Surprised so many people are enjoying this.... It's terrible, terrible TV..... Where's the remote??.....

Recorded it and started watching it there. About 10 mins in and it's muck. The original audio is probably funny today. The voiceover is awful. It hasn't raised a single laugh yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Great show. Very well written and produced,loved ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,822 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tuned in for about 10 minutes (about the time of the yellow hats :D) - cringey tbh.

I'm wondering is it time Apres Match was put out of its (and our) misery.... haven't seen a decent one in ages.

Thought I was watching RTÉ 2 for a second earlier when I came back after the ads after 1916 . Funny this was not and pure scutter it was for the 5 minutes I saw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Notoldorwise

The ads give a great sense of nostalgia..... All that was missing was the esb ad with Alan Hughes...

misery guts

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Notoldorwise

I'm hurt.. :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

That shot of Haughey getting out of the helicopter and the local crowd rushing towards him with the camera zooming in was just amazing.

Advertisement