Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing stretched ears

Options
  • 24-02-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭

I took out my stretchers from my ears at the weekend. I think they were a 13/14 perhaps. I know that my ears wont go fully back to normal, as in there will be a mark left, but I want to get them closed up as much as possible.

I have been putting vitamin E and hydrocortisone gel on them daily to help heal the scar tissue, and they have closed up a good bit since the weekend. But still a fair bit to go.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on other techniques to help this along. I also am going to put smaller gauges in there once they close up, and then slowly phase them out if possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The oil amkes no difference at all in such close time. They close naturally to about 2/4 depending on the skin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

If they don't close fully, Kay/Postmodern Sleeze does earlobe reconstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The oil amkes no difference at all in such close time. They close naturally to about 2/4 depending on the skin

Most of the advice I have read online points to using Vit E or something similar to help reduce them?

Advertisement