Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIRGIN MEDIA DISASTER

Options
  • 24-02-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Called to reactivate my services on the 21st January, had discussed it the week before with a previous girl in virgin media from the loyalty department who confirmed my account was never cancelled when cancellation request was sent, stupidly I agreed to pay some of the bill that had occurred due to their error.. Any ways after a three hour phone call been bounced from dept to dept I made my payment and agreed to a loyalty offer of 30 a month for four months and 50 for the 8 months after, also requested a call back from a supervisor because of the length of time it had taken to do this in the first place.

Low and behold the bill comes in on the 12th feb for 85 + euro…. When its supposed to be 30. When queried was advised after much debated in fact promised… my service would not be disrupted while the calls would be listened back to as the loyalty team had never applied the offer…. Promised call back on the 22nd, no call happened when called in got a highly irritating and unhelpful staff member who basically said pay the 85 euro we will reactivate the service which at this point has been cut off as the bill is overdue by two days even though I was promised it would not be cut off and then they will start the offer from the next bill as they can’t issue credits….. No please someone explain why I should be out of pocket for their error when a bill should be 30 and is 85 and they seem to think give me four months at the offer now evens this bill out,…. They cannot set customers up correctly, customer service is shocking, billing incorrect, don’t put notes apparently, won’t listen to recorded calls that can confirm their staff member made and error…. Oh and still waiting on my supervisor call back…

360 mb broad band speeds that are in fact at max 30 mb at 50 euro a month…… OVERPRICED, CRAP SPEEDS and INCOMPETENT STAFF…. AVOID THIS COMPANY
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Oh, I just came on here to search for feedback as Eir sent me a bill increase of €2 per month and I was thinking of switching. I have a solid 49mb download on their Efibre so I think ill be staying where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

OP, did you post in the Talk to........V.M forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

OSI wrote: »
    but their product is unrivalled.

Except if you use Netflix.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057547730

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amykavdeeg

pissed wrote: »
    Oh, I just came on here to search for feedback as Eir sent me a bill increase of €2 per month and I was thinking of switching. I have a solid 49mb download on their Efibre so I think ill be staying where I am.

No I would defo stay with who your provider is.... I no people havr got a good connection but certainly my road is no where no 100 mb never mind 360 mb... That max I've ever had since it went to Virgin is 30 ish.... It's funny used to have 60+ with upc and they use the same routers madness.... I currently am cut of for refusing to pay a bill that they mad an error on and they won't rectify it

OP, did you post in the Talk to........V.M forum?
    What do you mean???

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    From my own perspective, VMs customer service is a horror to behold, but their product is unrivalled. I can consistently and reliably max out the 360mb/s connection.

I defo don't get 360 but I never use a wired connection..... But fair play if you do least someone gets a decent service of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I have their 100mb package and on WiFi, I get MAX 400KB download speed, complete joke! I only have one smart TV and two smartphones (max) connected at the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

amykavdeeg wrote: »
    What do you mean???

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ben911

I just pmed the VIRGIN Customer Services Team and Manager after finding out they simply put a 12 month SKY Movies package onto my account, UNAUTHORISED overcharging me nearly twice the price of my actual plan, and this after a complaint for 2 MONTHS of getting a simple replacement box swap, their technical department did not cop on to the fact they had sent me the wrong box, took them nearly 2 months to figure this out, despite asking me about 16 times for the serial number. I am sure their call queues and waiting times for customers must be terrible.

I wonder is nobody in the executive management team reading the bad rep they are getting or are they taking existing customers for granted, teams do not appear to be properly trained, don't seem to work together and it takes ages for someone to come back with an answer or even an acknowledgement. No supervisor or manager ever available to sort out a simple problem often created by their own teams due to lack of understanding. If anybody finally does contact you, they make you promises to fix the problem and can't even do this. After trusting them to resolve my complaint and now this I am seriously on the verge to move away completely and get all my friends and family to come along. Sorry I could never recommend them they used to be so easy to deal with before being VIRGIN, really don't know what happened internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ben911

Now, a Virgin Media Van is blocking my driveway so I can't get out of the house... Must be a new tactic

• Advertisement
Advertisement