Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Indoor Setup

Options
  • 24-02-2016 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

So the bad winter got me started on an indoor hitting area. I built a net and now im looking at some tech.

Anyone using simulators???

Skytrak maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Saw this on golfwrx, an American guy done this set up, you might get some info on it:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1238908-2600-garage-simulator-1082015-update-on-post-188/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Thats quality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

He's a +handicap and says he found it great for improving his game.
    I like the sound of getting so much done in an hours practice. I just can't get out twice a weekend for the forseeable future. Going to the range midweek doesn't do it for me either.

I built a net easy enough. Just need to pick out a mat and do some more research on the skytrak

Yeah for the extra bits and pieces he did I'm sure could be done cheaper or not necessary at all. The biggest outlay will be the actual simulator. Also worth noting he said that he can't swing the driver indoor there due to the ceiling height, so that is worth considering too, but you can check that.

Yeah Driver might be an issue alright as I have a slanted roof in my garage. Wouldn't bother me though if I had room for everything up to 3 wood.

I'd be more interested in the range function of a LM than as a simulator and Skytrak sounds very accurate for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Tested this at the PGA show last week and as a launch monitor (no simulation) it was very impressive, especially given its price.

ES14

J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Am I the only one who thinks there seems to be ample room to swing a driver in that garage, no?? :confused:

I think he mentioned he'd hit the ceiling with a driver. Depends on how upright his swing is as well as his height. Its hard to swing full out when its in the back of your mind.

Tested this at the PGA show last week and as a launch monitor (no simulation) it was very impressive, especially given its price.

ES14

J

How did you find the reliability of this, did it miss any shots etc. Does it give a visual of the flight of the ball, or say for example you hit a hook or slice will it register the info? Seems a good price.

here is a review i found online:
    http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/11024-ernest-sports-es14-personal-review/

Advertisement