Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Court Maintenance appeal

Options
  • 24-02-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, the Circuit Court ordered maintenance of €400 p.w I could only afford €290 which I paid. I took a case for variation back to the District Court and the Judge reduced the weekly maintenance amount to €290, but as 9 months elapsed before this was heard and I was also ordered to pay the arrears at €110 p.w. I then appealed the decision in relation to the arrears to the Circuit Court and the Judge sitting was the same one who made the original €400 p.w order, the decision was not to change the District Court order. Should this Judge have heard this appeal particularly as the Judge commented that he/she made the original order?

Advertisement