Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011/2012 mazda 6 2.2 diesel high mileage concern

Options
  • 24-02-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys
    Just looking for some advice please. Looking at 2 cars 2011/2012 mazda 6 2.2 diesel both of them
    One is sport 2012 and mileage is over 180,000 miles. ..states full documented mazda digital service history

2011 not sport has 156,000 miles. ..Full main dealership service history..

Should I avoid these as they are not exactly old cars but have very high mileage even though the service history is there?

What are main things to look out for re problems key questions to ask about etc if considering purchasing one?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those engines have a bad reputation for reliability. However the fact they both reached those mileage milestones would suggest they bucked that trend. However ring the Mazda dealers that serviced them and get a picture how troublesome or fault free they were by what was done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,544 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you buying from dealers or private? If you are buying from a dealer any ideas of warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moi2015

Are you buying from dealers or private? If you are buying from a dealer any ideas of warranty?

Havent discussed warranty just yet i'm presuming it will be something like 3 months at least but not a definite

• Registered Users Posts: 81,544 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Moi2015 wrote: »
    Havent discussed warranty just yet i'm presuming it will be something like 3 months at least but not a definite

If 2012 it will be coming up on first NCT, perhaps get passing the NCT as condition of sale.

If 2012 it will be coming up on first NCT, perhaps get passing the NCT as condition of sale.

Thanks for advice guys. ..I will look into that. ..The 2011 has nct til 2018 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Moi2015 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Just looking for some advice please. Looking at 2 cars 2011/2012 mazda 6 2.2 diesel both of them
    One is sport 2012 and mileage is over 180,000 miles. ..states full documented mazda digital service history

2011 not sport has 156,000 miles. ..Full main dealership service history..

Should I avoid these as they are not exactly old cars but have very high mileage even though the service history is there?

What are main things to look out for re problems key questions to ask about etc if considering purchasing one?

TIA

A higher mileage car with full service history is often a better buy than lower mileage with no service history as it shows how well the car has been looked after. It's essential that Modern cars are maintained properly and as a result they can do bigger mileage. On the flip side a poorly maintained low mileage car can give untold problems.

Verify service histories with dealers and ask them what maintenance they are likely to need before making any decision. Buy in haste, repent at length.

Mintoe wrote: »
    A higher mileage car with full service history is often a better buy than lower mileage with no service history as it shows how well the car has been looked after. It's essential that Modern cars are maintained properly and as a result they can do bigger mileage. On the flip side a poorly maintained low mileage car can give untold problems.

Verify service histories with dealers and ask them what maintenance they are likely to need before making any decision. Buy in haste, repent at length.

Thank you! I was thinking that and as diesels I guess they have been given the drive they are good for in a way. ...If service history is spot on are they're any particular questions I should ask re major serviced components? At that kind of mileage are there any parts that should have been changed etc?

Advertisement