Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death. Flash Fiction

Options
  • 24-02-2016 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts as I have never wrote flash fiction. I won't mind if your critical, or if you think its just all right. I haven't found inspiration for a new book, and trying to write short stories, and maybe flash fiction.

Death

At the door death waits patiently, I pass him without inviting him in.
    He smirks, ‘I’ll wait.’
    A circle of love guards the frail skeletal man lying in bed. He tries to lean forward coughing; immediately a pair of arms help him while placing a tissue under his chin wiping his mouth. Another pair of arms supports his weak frame. It's hard to keep tears away, but he smiles and whispers a small laugh, ‘I’m so heavy.’
    Everyone smiles. This moment of happiness pushes death further back into the hall showing his reluctance by scrapping the tiles.
    The old man falls limp into a pair of arms. A low wail from the family invites the reaper back into the room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I like it Femur but I think it is closer to poetry than flash fiction. Your talent may be wider than you imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

echo beach wrote: »
    I like it Femur but I think it is closer to poetry than flash fiction. Your talent may be wider than you imagine.

Thanks That crossed my mind. I'm not a poetry lover, but if I had to choose a style, I prefer old style poetry. I always think modern poetry could be a short story.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Prose poetry is a thing.

Advertisement