Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Simple FTA Box to Pause Radio?

Options
  • 23-02-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone know from experience what boxes might pause a radio station between 6
    and 12 seconds?

I'm interested in this for syncing football commentary with
    foreign stations that show games.

I know a lot of boxes can pause a TV channel, but might not pause a radio station.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tonio

Delta Lima wrote: »
    Anyone know from experience what boxes might pause a radio station between 6
    and 12 seconds?

I'm interested in this for syncing football commentary with
    foreign stations that show games.

I know a lot of boxes can pause a TV channel, but might not pause a radio station.

Thanks in advance.

Not exactly cheap (unless you manage to get a second hand one) but my Humax Foxsat HDR does this for me. I can pause 5live and sync it with my tv picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pes

google fountain computer and install software on laptop.You can then play any audio device through jack lead and set delay to sync with video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I use a prog called Radio Delay. Works well. smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I used to be able to pause radio on an old technomate stb. but then I used radio delay on laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

Thanks snaps. I have a Technomate TM -F3/5 , and even though it can pause a TV station, it refuses to pause a radio station for me. Can you remember the model number of the Technomate that worked for you? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

6900 super. I'm surprised it won't pause a radio station. Time shift? I think on hd channels the difference between five live on satellite and say an HD channel from Poland is about 12/14 seconds (radio in front)

I could be wrong but isn't there a pause button and a time shift button?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

You're right. There is 2 buttons. I was using the 'Time Shift' button to pause a TV station. Then , confusingly, there is another button with 2 vertical lines, labeled 'Freeze'. However, it only freezes a tv channel picture, without recording anything. The sound continues on in the background. And it too does nothing for a radio station.

Anyway, thanks for your idea. I'm still open to any other suggestions, as the 6900 super might be hard to get now..Maybe the Humax Freesat HB 1000S might be the answer......hmmm decisions, decisions.

Advertisement