Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Security Courses

Options
  • 22-02-2016 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

i am looking for some advice on electronic security courses. I worked in London last year for about 6 months installing Alarms, cctv and access control after working in IT for a couple of years after completing my degree. I now want to do a course in electronic security.

I have done a bit of searching and found chevron training offer a 4 day FETAC level 5 course and a number of other training centres such as HI-Tech Training that offer similar courses. But then on the other hand i came across the Electronic Security Systems apprenticeship that FAS do which is 4 years long.

I don't think i can put myself through a 4 year apprenticeship. Are these short course that are 4 days long any good or am i wasting my time?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr Bump

Funny I put up a similar post yesterday, have not had any replies yet either, I was asking the same question, I did not see a fas course 4 years long though, I am also thinking of doing the course, if you find out anymore info please share with me, I will also do the same,
    Thanks

Advertisement