Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Four Training Contracts

Options
  • 22-02-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently studying International Business in UL and have an Assurance internship with EY this summer. While I've studied Finance in depth, I have only completed one basic accounting class.

Will the fact that I have no CAI exemptions mean that it may be more difficult for me to get offered a training contract by one of the Big Four?

Kind regards,
    Apc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

It won't make a difference. The Big4 accept some graduates with no previous accounting or finance experience. Their primary focus seems to be on how well you did in your Leaving Cert. Work well during your intern and you might be given a training contract. I've seen this happen in other Big4

Advertisement