Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA/HDip Psychology

Options
  • 22-02-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Firstly, excuse me if this is the wrong forum.

This semester I will be graduating from NUIG with a degree in Arts where I studied Psychological Studies as well as Sociology with Politics. I want to continue on to study psychology and ideally enter a 1-year conversion course to get the same accreditation as those who done solely psychology.

To my understanding there are three courses which I could look at:
    NUIG HDip Psychology Conversion
    TCD MA in Psychology
    UL MA in Psychology

The NUIG course is really competitive and also doesn't leave me with the added benefit of a masters unlike the other two but it means I can stay in Galway, which I love.

Would anybody be able to explain to me the pros and cons of either of these courses?
    I am aware that there is a price difference between these courses and that SUSI would potentially cover some of my fees for the NUIG course.

Advertisement