Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRS 102 and effect on Leases

Options
  • 22-02-2016 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

I've a feeling more and more FRS 102 queries may start popping up from here on out.

I joined a company in Jan 2015 and started preparing new leases using actuarial method (thanks Excel!). However, the CEO said he wanted all the leases to continue straight line basis, so back they went.

Now, with FRS 102 it has to be done anyway. My question (hopefully you're still reading)...

Do I need to recalculate all the leases (there's a lot) based on FRS 102 or just those entered into from the 1st of Jan 2014 (still a lot, but less).

I could ask the auditors, but would rather not. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭HeinekenTicket

Any finance lease cost yet to be allocated to profit or loss on existing leases at transition date should be done using actuarial method.
    Retrospective adjustment not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Any finance lease cost yet to be allocated to profit or loss on existing leases at transition date should be done using actuarial method.
    Retrospective adjustment not required.

Just back from a meeting.

Ah, okay - just take the balances as at the 31-12-2013 and account for costs per actuarial method.

Advertisement