Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

According to CNET, the X Performance will be Asia only. Which is a pity, it ticks an awful lot of boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

corwill wrote: »
    According to CNET, the X Performance will be Asia only. Which is a pity, it ticks an awful lot of boxes.

vader.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Think manufacturers should go back to 2-year release cycles. Even a self-confessed addict like me is starting to get a bit meh about the constant turnover of phones with near nominal spec improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No OIS on the camera or Fast Charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

quarryman wrote: »
    No OIS on the camera or Fast Charge?

Doesn't seem to be, but for me not a big issue the screen size and res are perfect, and if it provides 2 day battery life like sony are saying quick charge really isn't a loss. My QHD LG G3 has proven to me that anything over 1080p its not worth it.

Seems to be going to the States and parts of Europe but Germany and the UK dont look like they are getting it, hopefully we are here as from what I can see it ticks all the boxes since HTC became a subsidiary of apple :rolleyes:

Ill ask my friends in phone shops to hit the sony rep with some questions and see if I can get some info.

• Advertisement

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_to_carry_599_price_tag_in_europe_xperia_xa_to_cost_299-news-16837.php

€599 for the Snapdragon 650 version? That's flagship scratch for midrange silicon, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So from the news I've seen, the X Performance is replacing the Z6 yet isn't coming to the UK. I don't understand this. I was willing to wait until September when the Z6 was rumoured to be released (I currently have a Z2) but if the phone isn't going to be made available over here then Sony have lost me as a customer, which is really disappointing as I am very fond of the Xperia phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

SuprSi wrote: »
    So from the news I've seen, the X Performance is replacing the Z6 yet isn't coming to the UK. I don't understand this. I was willing to wait until September when the Z6 was rumoured to be released (I currently have a Z2) but if the phone isn't going to be made available over here then Sony have lost me as a customer, which is really disappointing as I am very fond of the Xperia phones.

Just came here to make much the same point. I'm not sure what Sony are thinking making their European flagship a €600 midranger. Did they think that the HTC One A9 is the model to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I put the question to Sony on FB and got the following, fairly generic (and expected) response;
    Hi Simon. As the Xperia X handset has only just been announced this type of specific information is not yet confirmed at present. For future information on which products will be available we would recommend contacting your local support team directly. You can find contact details here: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

• Advertisement
Advertisement