Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying Motivated For June

Options
  • 21-02-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hello all,
    i am sitting my leaving cert in June and i'm finding it incredibly difficult to stay motivated. i realized at the start of 6th year, (having done f*** all throughout 5th year), that i would have to work seriously hard to achieve the points i am aiming for (roughly 400). and i did work very hard and put in a tremendous amount of effort up until xmas where i suffered a serious case of student burn-out and decided to say f*** it. im now finding myself staring into space whenever i open a book and i feel as though i would be better off working rather than "studying" as at least then id be doing something constructive. i simply cannot motivate myself anymore and have lost all interest. if anyone can offer any advice as to what i should do, or anything really, it'd be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance, a desperate student.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

plan
    have a day off a week
    relax
    take breaks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

As the first poster said, plan. Planning your study is very important as it helps to focus and keep you on track. Make a timetable with what you need to study and attempt a few exam questions at the end. But be reasonable when you plan, dont over plan as you can end up feeling disappointed at the end and you will lose the will to continue your study. Mindmaps also help and flashcards for key information.
    Small steps will help get your motivation up.

Advertisement