Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2TB cloud storage for life 49.99 dollars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Some interesting reviews of them here::

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.stacksocial.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I've never heard of SkyHub Cloud before this.

Any opinions or reviews on them? As I can't seem to find much of any relevance about them.

The problem with these smaller scale cloud vendors is the risk they can shut down and disappear along with anything you've backed up to them.

It all sounds a little too good to be true. Good spot by the OP nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Some interesting reviews of them here::

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.stacksocial.com

Yikes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

2Tb for life. I wonder what 2Tb will be useful for in 10 years.

The first hard drive I bought was 20Mb. It cost a couple of months wages, and I saved damned hard for it. One photo from my camera in RAW format now is about 23Mb. The 20Mb drive was incredible at the time ... but now ... it's only a good for a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Doesn't inspire much confidence that their contact us page has a WordPress short code displaying at the bottom of it. Or that the FAQs don't have any of the real questions people would ask. Sounds like it might be using Amazon glacier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"For life" means the life of this company, not your life.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Think I'll stick to backblaze for proper backup and Dropbox for general stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

You can basically buy an external drive for more less that money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

stacksocial is a broker just like groupon or livingsocial

the cloud/storage service provider is skyhubcloud.com
    the promotion seems good, much better to what skyhubcloud.com offers on their own website, may be too good
    again, it won't be long since there will be (large) free storage available, remember when 5, 10 or 15 gigs cost a small fortune not long ago and they are free now with onedrive or google drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Post #9 here doesn't sounds too promising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement