Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First 'premium' watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Freddiestar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Try creation watches...you'll have plenty of options for 300 quid especially seiko

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭893bet

Make it 400 and get a Steinhart. Great build quality and bullet proof resale value!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yes, spotted the one in my link for around €200 delivered from the UK.

Is the one I linked a decent choice, or are there better ones out there for around the €200 mark?

893bet wrote: »
    Make it 400 and get a Steinhart. Great build quality and bullet proof resale value!

Could you give me a few links to some you'd recommend?

• Advertisement

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Try creation watches...you'll have plenty of options for 300 quid especially seiko

Thanks for that. Will take a look.

I must say though, I like the green on the Seiko one I linked, very different!

Techmaster wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Will take a look.

I must say though, I like the green on the Seiko one I linked, very different!

Yes it is different and nice alright!I've bought 4 watches off creation, including a tag and found them easy to deal with.you will have to pay customs though which is usually around 30 for your budget of watch. DHL pay it and they bill you. They are quite cheap and have a great selection of seiko so I'm sure you'd find one which you like....I play to get a Hamilton from them in the near future to an to the collection...

Yes it is different and nice alright!I've bought 4 watches off creation, including a tag and found them easy to deal with.you will have to pay customs though which is usually around 30 for your budget of watch. DHL pay it and they bill you. They are quite cheap and have a great selection of seiko so I'm sure you'd find one which you like....I play to get a Hamilton from them in the near future to an to the collection...

Yes had a look at their site and they have some very nice stuff!

Found the Seiko one I was originally looking at for €193 delivered direct from the UK (nearly €100 cheaper than Littlewoods and Debenhams) . Do you think I should just go for it? Loving the look of it and judging by other recommendations here you can't go wrong with the brand! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Diver seiko kinetic on ebay now,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262293241012?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and there's a pre- owned one for £120

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272134665123?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have had one for a year, they're great if you only wear one watch, well able for hardship.
    Downsides; you have to wear it at least 2 or 3 days a week to keep it charged.
    The second hand ticks, doesn't sweep like an automatic.
    Some people don't like the hands.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Freddiestar

Yes, spotted the one in my link for around €200 delivered from the UK.

Is the one I linked a decent choice, or are there better ones out there for around the €200 mark?

I wouldn't go for myself, prefer numbers in the face.

I like the Eco drive range from Citizen too, got this last year aswell

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9152557/Trail/searchtext%3ECITIZEN+ECO.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Darwin

Tissot are another brand you should consider at your price point. Here's two examples that you might like:
    Tissot V8

Tissot PRS200

You would have to use Parcel Motel for the above though. I recently found a French retailer called ocarat.com and they currently have a 10% off your first order offer (listed at the top of their page). They stock a lot of brands including Tissot, Seiko etc. but I have never bought from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

893bet wrote: »

^^^^ this

I have an ocean one black with ceramic bezel and I love it. €100 over budget but gets you a serious watch for the money.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-1-BLACK,14.html

sparrowcar wrote: »
    ^^^^ this

I have an ocean one black with ceramic bezel and I love it. €100 over budget but gets you a serious watch for the money.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-1-BLACK,14.html

Is the watch face quite small, compared to the one in the link in the OP?

Ended up going for the green Seiko in the OP. €192 delivered. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

If I was looking for a Seiko dress watch this would be my first choice

Seiko SARB065

MD-8428_20150612111249_82af47894a0d9a4f.jpg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=507&dpr=1

They come up on mass drop regularly for close to the €300 mark I think, available for some of the asian sites for around €400 you may be caught for customs though. Plenty of choice in cheaper seikos but you will have to buy online way overpriced here, seikos that are €150-200 online are €350-400 in store if you can find them. If you're looking at creation have a look at Orient too they have some lovely pieces, owned by seiko.

Seiko skx007 is a modern classic that would make a great buy
    58c257c4032ec8ea6476f530406591bf.jpg

Steinhart are a good call they have some lovely watches for around the €400 mark.
    17327332162012-NBU_B-44_03.jpg

Do you want a quartz or mechanical watch? A particular style you want dress, diver, chronograph, pilot

If you want to blow the budget look here!
    https://www.stowa.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ended up going for the green Seiko in the OP. €192 delivered. Thanks all!

I think it looks great, hope you enjoy it.

Yes had a look at their site and they have some very nice stuff!

Found the Seiko one I was originally looking at for €193 delivered direct from the UK (nearly €100 cheaper than Littlewoods and Debenhams) . Do you think I should just go for it? Loving the look of it and judging by other recommendations here you can't go wrong with the brand! :D

I see you made your purchase anyway so well may you wear! what I would have said was to go for it if you really like it. Taste is very subjective where watches are concerned and as long as you are happy with the price then its all good. If you have caught a watch collection bug though, there's plenty of lads (and ladies?) on here who will give good advice as they already have and who will know where to get the good deals....found creation on here through other threads and they're great for dipping into to build the collection so bear that in mind if you do get a taste for watches....

I see you made your purchase anyway so well may you wear! what I would have said was to go for it if you really like it. Taste is very subjective where watches are concerned and as long as you are happy with the price then its all good. If you have caught a watch collection bug though, there's plenty of lads (and ladies?) on here who will give good advice as they already have and who will know where to get the good deals....found creation on here through other threads and they're great for dipping into to build the collection so bear that in mind if you do get a taste for watches....

This could very well be a start of a collection! :D Ya never know. Thanks to everyone again for all the suggestions, this thread will be a great resource I'm sure for my next purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Advertisement