Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Bottlenecking???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If that reading is right then your CPU is on the verge of just cutting off due to overheating. If you reach 105*C the system will just halt.

Fix your cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

ED E wrote: »
    If that reading is right then your CPU is on the verge of just cutting off due to overheating. If you reach 105*C the system will just halt.

Fix your cooling.

its false. Its cold as a corpse in the casing and the fans are flying. Its the usage im asking about though!

At points it would look like it yeah. But at other points both CPU and GPU aren't really sweating at all.

The division is brand new and hasn't be fully tested and optimized yet, IIRC TotalBiscuit had huge FPS drops at times. Not exactly a good title to judge your rig by.

At points it would look like it yeah. But at other points both CPU and GPU aren't really sweating at all.

The division is brand new and hasn't be fully tested and optimized yet, IIRC TotalBiscuit had huge FPS drops at times. Not exactly a good title to judge your rig by.
    im kinda just fluting around. most of the games i have though are badly optimised like rise of the tomb raider, Ark, Arma 3 and dying light to a lesser extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

That overlay is from afterburner, right? I've never afterburner give me wrong temperature readings on the cpu. Sounds to me like your cpu is overheating, probably because the heatsink isn't making good contact with the cpu lid.

• Advertisement

Luck100 wrote: »
    That overlay is from afterburner, right? I've never afterburner give me wrong temperature readings on the cpu. Sounds to me like your cpu is overheating, probably because the heatsink isn't making good contact with the cpu lid.
    Gives me different temp in task manager though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Task Manager doesn't report CPU temp, just load.

Download Coretemp and double check it, but Afterburner is never wrong usually.

JESUS CHRIST!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Eject the Warp Core! she's gonna explode!

Phew. The fan at the rear had been knocked off when i was changing the gpu last week. Well, i hope that was all it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glad you got it working.

cursai wrote: »
    Gives me different temp in task manager though.

Facepalm-Meme-04.png

Fortunate that Luck posted, you would have nuked that chip pretty quickly.

Ye thanks to luck and Ed E, its running like a dream now. Solid 60fps on ark survival with no AA. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fortunate that Luck posted, you would have nuked that chip pretty quickly.

It was mentioned on another thread on B&U as well!

It was mentioned on another thread on B&U as well!

Yeah another lad called Terrysfirmone. Fair play to him. Lol

Advertisement