Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter County Transfer help

Options
  • 21-02-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a little question regarding an Inter-County Transfer. In the next couple of weeks my work will be splitting offices from the midlands to two locations - 1 in Ulster and 1 in Munster. I will be moving to either one for the next 12 months at least.

I havent signed up with my current club so far this year or havent particpated in any way. I intend to sign up with a club wherever I move to. Just have a couple of questions if anyone could answer.

- Is there a minimum time I have to live in the new county before I can transfer or can I transfer straight away?
    - Because the transfer will be also Inter-Provincial I was told this could be tricky as my county and new county are not in the same province?
    - I will be probably be only in the new club for this year as I will be back in the Midlands next year. Do I have to resign with my original club or can I transfer to a different club in my home county - provided I show proof I am living there?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

The rule states permanent residence but once your club and then county secretary sign the form I don't think there is much other inspection done. If the club you were leaving were to object to the transfer then it would warrant a hearing from your provincial council. I would imagine nearly all inter county transfers go through unhindered. The Seanie Johnston example being a rare occurance...

If you return to your home county within 96 weeks then you could only return to your home club within that county

Advertisement