Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TWA Flight 800 - 2013 Documentary

Options
  • 21-02-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭

Surprised that nobody has commented on this case, well nothing came up on my boards.ie search.

http://www.epixhd.com/movie/twa-flight-800/

http://flight800doc.com/

I've always thought that there was something not right about this, and Tom Stalcup made a documentary in 2013 to ask for a new investigation. It's worth a watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

From what I can remember they put the explosion down to the location of the AC heat exchangers that were running on the ground in JFK on a hot day during a flight delay and also the lack of fuel in the center tank combined with a build up of fumes and a spark in the cabling. They had found traces of explosives but this had been down to sniffer dog training on a previous date and while navi exercises were taking place in the locality all weapons were accounted for combined with a lack of a match between what the navy were using and what was found on board with in the wreckage. While there is room for a cover up I think it's a closed case from both a FAA, NTSB and FBI standpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

If I remember correctly plenty of people reported seeing a missile going skyward.

nypost.com/2016/07/04/was-twa-flight-800s-fiery-crash-part-of-a-massive-cover-up/

Was TWA Flight 800’s fiery crash part of a massive cover-up?

On Wednesday, July 17, 1996, at 8:19 p.m., TWA Flight 800 took off from JFK airport and headed out over Long Island toward Paris. It was a perfect summer night, 70 degrees, the sky clear.

Twelve minutes later, TWA 800 exploded mid-air, killing all 230 people on board. The crash was close enough to the coast that plane wreckage washed up on Suffolk County beaches for weeks.

“There was a wall of flame 30 feet high,” Suffolk County police officer Vincent Termine, who witnessed the explosion, told the Independent in 1997. He said it looked like the ocean was on fire.

Termine headed out to sea with rescue crews immediately. “We tried to get close to a piece of burning wreckage at the beginning,” he said. “I remember operating the boat between flames. But we couldn’t get close enough. The smoke was making us sick. One of the guys had to throw up over the side.”

Twenty years later, the crash of TWA 800 remains a subject of horror and fascination: For many New Yorkers, especially Long Islanders, the plane’s sudden, complete explosion remains a traumatic event. It was just five years before 9/11, and there was already a growing anxiety about terror attacks on the US homeland.

Modal Trigger
    A piece of TWA Flight 800 floats off the coast of Long Island on July 18, 1996.Photo: Getty Images
    Perhaps for that reason, conspiracy theorists still insist that TWA 800 was brought down, deliberately or accidentally, potentially by the US military — despite a four-year-long investigation, the most expensive in aviation history, which found that a short circuit in the plane’s center wing fuel tank caused the crash.

In his new book “TWA 800: The Crash, the Cover-Up, and the Conspiracy” (Regnery), author Jack Cashill maintains that the plane was brought down by external forces and that the government has engaged in a decades-long cover-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Laika123 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly plenty of people reported seeing a missile going skyward.

sources?

Overheal wrote: »
    sources?

Google it.

Here

youtube.com/watch?v=yU-7RT3sIqY

nydailynews.com/new-york/obama-pilot-twa-flight-800-shot-article-1.2186329

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3673935/What-brought-TWA-Flight-800-Claims-plane-hit-missile-mid-air-explosion-government-cover-detailed-book-20-years-Long-Island-crash.html

bu.edu/bostonia/winter-spring14/what-really-happened-to-twa-flight-800/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Overheal wrote: »
    sources?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040528/

I think it was on Netflix as well ..Very interesting Documentary

Advertisement