Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some assistance with J2EE and Testing/Mocking

Options
  • 19-02-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an interview on Monday and have been pointed towards a simple J2EE example project where I need to mock a few beans and test new custom enhancements.

To put it short, I have no clue where to start with the EE stuff.

I'm really caught on where to add my custom code and also how to wire up the tests and mocks.

For starters, I have added Junit and Mockito and created a simple test using a mock but that's all. I'm afraid of doing anything else for fear of looking like a complete noob.

Would anybody care to help please?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

The problem with J2EE (and any other container based technology) is that the container gets in the way of testing - so you need a test framework that can accommodate the container in a flexible and performant manner.

Check out;

http://arquillian.org/

for a best of breed solution for J2EE testing.

Advertisement