Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sale in North County Dublin?

Options
  • 19-02-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Looking for a larger one.

I'm in Dublin 15, is there any decent car boot sale around?

Can travel further, but can anyone recommend a place/??

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

There is a car boot sale every Saturday in the Trinity Comprehensive School in Ballymun every Sun 08.30 -1pm
    adm -20 euro ...http://irishcarboot.ie/

It's a pity the White house market is gone.a few year's now,their used to be one in Balbriggan just off the M1,I don't know if that one is still going.. https://www.google.com/maps/place/53%C2%B031'27.8%22N+6%C2%B009'52.9%22W/@53.5943238,-6.2193599,16.33z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

The one in Balbriggan on Sundays is still going :)

thanks DJ ..what time does it start do you know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The two biggest ones (apart from Balbriggan) seem to be the Ballymun one and the one in Tallaght stadium. They're both on from 8am-1pm - in Tallaght on Saturdays and Ballymun on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

The one in balbriggan is a bit of a kip imo, I wouldn't bother getting out of the cot on Sunday for it, fairyhouse is good and well run

• Advertisement

Their used to be one in the Phoenix Park,is that one still going?.
    I used to enjoy the White House one because you could do Sunday lunch and then walk it off or have the lunch after the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

There's a good one In Fairyhouse racecourse every Sunday. (Once there is no racing )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

dslamjack wrote: »
    Their used to be one in the Phoenix Park,is that one still going?.

If you mean the one in the Park Racecourse...then NO.
    Most of the racecourse is now developed.

I grew up just down down the road from the racecourse and many a good night was had stumbling outta 'The End' nightclub ....Ah glory days indeed

Originaly posted by Koutoubia If you mean the one in the Park Racecourse...then NO.
    Most of the racecourse is now developed.

I grew up just down down the road from the racecourse and many a good night was had stumbling outta 'The End' nightclub ....Ah glory days indeed

YEP,and before ''The End'' it was ''Silk's'' ..I was there one night and a guy drove his car thru the front doors ,was't me, https://twitter.com/olddublintown/status/393851831387836417

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Just seen this post now. Balbriggan Market is on every Sunday and gets a huge crowd. Sellers and buyers arrive from 5.30am I think it's €20 for a car to sell at it.

Fairyhouse is also another great market. Bit more up market and better quality. You have to book in on a Thursday if you want to sell on the Sunday. I think it's €25 for a car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement