Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Medical Aid

Options
  • 18-02-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi did a search but can't find anything recent. Just wondering how Garda Medical Aid compares to other health insurance plans for a similar cost. We find the cost very high for 2 adults and 2 children but unsure if it would be wise to shop around and leave GMA. Anyone I've mentioned this to insists its great cover but I don't think the cover is as good as it used to be.

Anyone considered this recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

A few things that people would use yearly disappeared from the GMA, some dental treatments and glasses spring to mind.,
    Pick a few things that you think you might need and compare GMA and other providers.

It's a question I've never seen answered fully. People have switched and been happy with what they went for but how policies compare, never seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Currently working for one of the 4 providers in Ireland and actually in the middle of recruitment of AGS and this is something I looked at. Medical Aid did have good benefits such as dental which in general is sparsely covered on normal PMI polices but these are gone.

It is a very outdated plan in short. A health insurance policy actually only really has a life span of 2 years before it becomes dated. We were looking at it at work as it was a market we were hoping to target due to this but on of the difficulties would be arrange a Salary Deduction arrangement which is one of the things is popular.

One of the other positives of the plan, is things such as allowances for laser eye treatment which is not something recognized as something other then cosmetic. For the money it is at the moment €28 a week I think ( open to correction on this) you could get a very good corporate plan for the money.

if Im successful to go full time in the job not a hope would I take it out..it is badly outdated,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

When you use it its great, covers a lot more than anyone else BUT its fecking pricey so it is. I dumped it, just wasnt worth the money anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 1holly1

Thanks for the replies folks. Will look into it further I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement