Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook notifications of friends posts

Options
  • 18-02-2016 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

I seem to get getting notifications when a particular friend posts something or shares a link or a page. Unfortunately this person is the type who shares loads of things and my phone has been lighting up all morning. I have the follow settings for them to default. I don't notice it happening for anyone else (although most other people don't be as active on facebook). How can it set it that I'm not notified every time they share a page or a link?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I seem to get getting notifications when a particular friend posts something or shares a link or a page. Unfortunately this person is the type who shares loads of things and my phone has been lighting up all morning. I have the follow settings for them to default. I don't notice it happening for anyone else (although most other people don't be as active on facebook). How can it set it that I'm not notified every time they share a page or a link?

Unfollow them. You stay friends but shouldn't see anything they post

Go to their profile and the option should be there or else if you go to any of their posts there should be a drop down menu with the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Owryan wrote: »
    Unfollow them. You stay friends but shouldn't see anything they post

Go to their profile and the option should be there or else if you go to any of their posts there should be a drop down menu with the option.
    But I don't want to unfollow them. I just don't want facebook to notify me everytime they post. Facebook doesn't notify me when my other friends post so why this one?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you go to this friend's page, check to see if 'Get notifications' is ticked or not. It could be that simple. If it's not that, I'm sure there must be something in your settings somewhere.

378092.png

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Exactly the same info I'll share above. Go to that friend's page and see if the Get Notification is ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

miamee wrote: »
    If you go to this friend's page, check to see if 'Get notifications' is ticked or not. It could be that simple. If it's not that, I'm sure there must be something in your settings somewhere.

378092.png

Bingo!!
    Couldn't access that on the app on the phone. So logged into the pc and found that! Hopefully peace and quiet now, and a longer battery life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Great :)

Advertisement