Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given wrong information by Cust Rep

Options
  • 17-02-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi Liberty,

I am after many years with you left very disapointed and more so annoyed by being blatantly lied to by one of your customer reps.
    I am in the market for a new car and arranged a weekend test drive with a motor dealer on a newer version of the car I already have insured with you.
    I rang Liberty a few hours before I was to pick up the car and told your rep what I was doing, she bluntly said NO. Thats not in the terms of your policy, now I was left a bit dumb struck as any
    insurance i've had over the years I could always get temporary cover.

I was left with not test drive and now in the position that I cannot take a car on test as you wont cover me.

So que a very disapointed family and a very pissed off me!

I then a few days later looked online and checked your terms & conditions for a motor policy which clearly says you can have temporary cover when you agree it with yourselves.

Your Rep gave me no options at all and didn't give me an option to talk to a senior member of staff, probably because it was a Friday evening and she didn't give a ****!

So can anyone tell me why this happened and why I shouldn't cancel all my motor & home policies with you?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

FaganJr wrote: »
    Hi Liberty,

I am after many years with you left very disapointed and more so annoyed by being blatantly lied to by one of your customer reps.
    I am in the market for a new car and arranged a weekend test drive with a motor dealer on a newer version of the car I already have insured with you.
    I rang Liberty a few hours before I was to pick up the car and told your rep what I was doing, she bluntly said NO. Thats not in the terms of your policy, now I was left a bit dumb struck as any
    insurance i've had over the years I could always get temporary cover.

I was left with not test drive and now in the position that I cannot take a car on test as you wont cover me.

So que a very disapointed family and a very pissed off me!

I then a few days later looked online and checked your terms & conditions for a motor policy which clearly says you can have temporary cover when you agree it with yourselves.

Your Rep gave me no options at all and didn't give me an option to talk to a senior member of staff, probably because it was a Friday evening and she didn't give a ****!

So can anyone tell me why this happened and why I shouldn't cancel all my motor & home policies with you?
    Hi FaganJr,
    We would like to clarify that while we do provide cover temporarily, specific terms and conditions apply. Unfortunately as our representative correctly advised we do not provide temporary cover for the purpose of test driving vehicles.
    We wish to sincerely apologise you felt disappointed with the service you received this is not our intention and we really do appreciate your custom. If you would like to PM me your policy number I can review your calls.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Hi FaganJr, We would like to clarify that while we do provide cover temporarily, specific terms and conditions apply. Unfortunately as our representative correctly advised we do not provide temporary cover for the purpose of test driving vehicles. We wish to sincerely apologise you felt disappointed with the service you received this is not our intention and we really do appreciate your custom. If you would like to PM me your policy number I can review your calls. Thanks Una

So how am I expected to test drive a car?
    Tell me as my insurer why you won't facilitate this?
    And finally it does make me very wary that an insurance Company will not insure it's customers, also I'd be very worried dealing with your company if I did have an accident now.
    Also have you got rid of replacing your car in an accident with another, one year newer??

Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Una
    Hi FaganJr, We would like to clarify that while we do provide cover temporarily, specific terms and conditions apply. Unfortunately as our representative correctly advised we do not provide temporary cover for the purpose of test driving vehicles. We wish to sincerely apologise you felt disappointed with the service you received this is not our intention and we really do appreciate your custom. If you would like to PM me your policy number I can review your calls. Thanks Una

And finally it does make me very wary that an insurance Company will not insure it's customers,  also I'd be very worried dealing with your company if I did have an accident now.
    Also have you got rid of replacing your car in an accident with another, one year newer??
    Hi FaganJr,
    We're looking into this for you and will be back to you ASAP.
    Thanks Una

And finally it does make me very wary that an insurance Company will not insure it's customers,  also I'd be very worried dealing with your company if I did have an accident now.
    Hi FaganJr,
    Thanks Una
    Hi FaganJr,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, usually the garage would provide the cover when test driving one of their vehicles. Alternatively you may have the Driving Other Cars Extension on your policy, which would cover you to drive the vehicle but providing 3rd party only cover. However Terms and Conditions apply.
    If you PM us your policy number we can check your level of cover.
    Thanks
    Una

Hi FaganJr,
    Thanks Una
    Hi FaganJr,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, usually the garage would provide the cover when test driving one of their vehicles. Alternatively you may have the Driving Other Cars Extension on your policy, which would cover you to drive the vehicle but providing 3rd party only cover. However Terms and Conditions apply.
    Thanks
    Una
    Hi Una,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    The garage requires your own insurance for extended test drives ( Common practice ), this has to be fully comp.
    This is what I'm paying for.
    So at the end of the day you cannot meet my requirements and I will have to arrange permanent alternative cover and as I have multiple
    policies with Liberty I will have to arrange the same for them.
    Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot! Unbelieveable!
    Well at least other boardsies can see what can happens when the service your paying for will let you down when you need them most.

To answer your question I have and always will have fully comp with full protection.

Nice commission coming to a broker next week!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi FaganJr,
    Thanks Una
    Hi FaganJr,
    Thanks
    Una
    Hi Una,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    The garage requires your own insurance for extended test drives ( Common practice ), this has to be fully comp.
    This is what I'm paying for.
    So at the end of the day you cannot meet my requirements and I will have to arrange permanent alternative cover and as I have multiple
    policies with Liberty I will have to arrange the same for them.
    Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot! Unbelieveable!
    Well at least other boardsies can see what can happens when the service your paying for will let you down when you need them most.

To answer your question I have and always will have fully comp with full protection.

Nice commission coming to a broker next week!
    Hi FaganJr
    We believe we can come to some agreement on this one on this occasion. Can you PM me with your policy number or phone number and we'll give you a call?
    Regards
    Seán

Hi FaganJr We believe we can come to some agreement on this one on this occasion. Can you PM me with your policy number or phone number and we'll give you a call? Regards Seán

Hi Sean,

I've had to jump thorough one too many hoops on this occasion.

I'll be moving on.

Thanks for the memories

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Sean
    Hi FaganJr We believe we can come to some agreement on this one on this occasion. Can you PM me with your policy number or phone number and we'll give you a call? Regards Seán

Hi Sean,  

I've had to jump thorough one too many hoops on this occasion.

I'll be moving on.

Thanks for the memories
    Hi FaganJr 
    I'm sorry to hear this. If I can help any further let me know.
    Regards 
    Seán

Advertisement