Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the hour

Options
  • 17-02-2016 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

A person who does things on the hour every hour, what might they be suffering from?
    I know people make plans and deadlines at certain times but when it comes to going to the toilet, eating, having to do something, is it just a sign of productivity or something more sinister?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

A person who does things on the hour every hour, what might they be suffering from?
    I know people make plans and deadlines at certain times but when it comes to going to the toilet, eating, having to do something, is it just a sign of productivity or something more sinister?

if it isn't impacting on the persons life (not dysfunctional) then I don't see it as a problem. However, if it impacts on the individuals social, financial or relationships, then it may be considered as some type of "disorder".

Really depends on what meaning the person attaches to the behaviour, i.e if I don't eat, drink, wash my hands on the hour every hour, something awful will happen. In this example, a person may be experiencing an anxiety disorder, such as OCD.

Advertisement