Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect & Static IP Address

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm planning on getting a new SPC4320 Alarm Panel with SPCK521 Keypad. Obviously I want to use SPC Connect to avail of remote access and the App.

My broadband is via a 4G dongle, connected to a 4G Router. From this Router, my internal LAN and WIFI network is connected.

Does anybody know do I need a static IP address from my ISP, in order to connect the Panel to SPC Connect? Or do I need to use dyndns?

It's not possible to get a Static IP over 4G, so I just want to be sure that I can connect before I purchase.

If anyone has any insight into this, that'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

As far as I know, the panel will work with the app plug and play, no matter what internet you have, the only reason you would need static or dyndns is if you wanted to connect to the panel directly from outside eg. for programming or in case the cloud service went down.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's correct. No fixed IP or dydns service is required. Enable DHCP on the panel and connect to the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thebadge21

Great Stuff, so it just users yo're SPC Connect account details. That saves a lot of hassle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes.
    You can also connect to the panel yourselfyourself by going through Spc Connect Web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thebadge21

Sound. KoolKid, is there any chance you could send me the latest firmware for the SPC4320 and software for SPC Pro?

• Advertisement

No problem.
    I have PMed you those.

Advertisement