Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% Cab fare with eCab

Options
  • 17-02-2016 11:08am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seen a taxi today with the logo for ecab, when I had a look I enter the email address and got the mail below. There's not as many around as with Hailo but handy tomorrow and Friday with Luas strike.

Thank you for signing up! We’re glad you’re joining our eCab community!

To try eCab and receive special offers :

1. Download the eCab application on your Smartphone. Free, no commitment.
    2. Click on « Create an account », and fill in your details, and you’re ready to go.
    3. To get 50% off your first ride*, choose eCab+ or eCab VIP and use promo code NEW50
    * offer limited to a maximum of €25 discount

CONTACT US:

We are here to make sure you have the best eCab experience ! Please do not hesitate to contact us and give feed-back : customers@e-cab.com

We’re looking forward to having you soon trying eCab,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I used them once, and I was surprised that they charge the 2€ booking fee even if it's an app booking like hailo and uber and not a telephone booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I laughed at their tagline here:
    https://www.e-cab.com/en/dublin/

"Discover the paddy friendliness"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Amouar wrote: »
    I used them once, and I was surprised that they charge the 2€ booking fee even if it's an app booking like hailo and uber and not a telephone booking.

This art of muppetry again! Another opportunity for hailo to maintain it's leading position.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

eCab is a joint venture of the long existing radio companies, NRC, VIP and XpertTaxis.

That is why they charge the booking fee, it isn't really any different then calling one of these companies to book a taxi. To be honest that is pretty old fashioned thinking. Beyond the introductory deal, I can't see it competing with Hailo/Uber.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

YanisK wrote: »
    This art of muppetry again! Another opportunity for hailo to maintain it's leading position.

That is if Hailo does not run out of operating money first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

That is if Hailo does not run out of operating money first.

Well Uber certainty isn't going to run out of money any time soon!

Hailo pretty much dominates the Irish market now and have a strong presence in the UK. Even if the company behind it went bankrupt, their app, brand and market share is still very valuable and would likely be snapped up by another, better financed company, perhaps Uber or one of the other radio companies.

BTW for those interested. Hailo has been very successful in the UK and Ireland, but they spent a fortune trying to expand into the US, but ended up getting hammered by Uber and they have retreated back from their. There is no question that it is a massive success here, but the question is are they earning enough in the UK/Ireland to pay the debts their raised trying to expand into the US. But even if they go bankrupt, I'm certain the service would continue to exist under another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Doesnt seem to work anymore...anyone else with a code?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work anymore...anyone else with a code?

Looks like it doesn't work, I also found ECABDUBLIN on their facebook for €10 off, if you contact them they might have others now.

I have to say not as good as Hailo or Uber, on Saturday morning I was looking to book a taxi between 7am - 8am everytime I looked the wait was 20 min, I say none around and the default is 20 min, at the end I booked Hailo wait was only 5 min.

Advertisement