Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Mind the Gap Incident

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Tonight my SO was getting the train back from Celbridge to Newbridge when she encountered a serious problem on getting a buggy off the train at Newbridge. While taking the buggy off the train it got jammed between the platform on the train and swung forward with our daughter inside. Thankfully a commuter was passing by who immediately dropped his bike and assisted my partner before the buggy could get jammed any further or topple over ( If your on these here forums , thank you so much). So basically the question to everybody is have Irish Rail ever stated anything about the quite significant gap between the platform and the train ? Is there a reason why it is so significant?. I know there aware of it due to the all those " Please mind the Gap" announcements. I also am aware that the stations or trains have ramps on some occasions but on this occasion none was available or offered to my partner on either leg of the journey.

Advertisement