Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as Part Guard C ?

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a limitation with my HKC SW14/110 - I need more than part guard A and B.
    I understand I can inhibit zones and use blocks etc - and have tried a few different combinations of inhibits and blocks but ultimately this is not as family friendly as 0#7 etc.

Currently :
    Part Guard A - House windows
    Part Guard B - House windows + garage + House doors
    FULL - House windows + garage + House doors + PIRs

I would like :
    Part Guard B - House windows + garage
    Part Guard C - House windows + garage + House doors

Q1. Is there a quick code (0#7,0#8 etc) solution to this ?
    Q2. Are there more than 2 part guard modes in the new HKC panels ?
    Q3. What alternative brand that can handle 2+ part guard modes?
    Q4. Would a Siemens SPC5330 do what I'm thinking above with 16 areas?
    Q5. Is there a better idea than having to disarm between part guards and not just jump straight from A to B ... C etc?

I know there are multiple questions - but thanks if you can help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is only part set A or B
    Siemens would allow you do this via areas very easily. These systems also let you switch between part sets and full set without disarming the system.
    Interestingly the GSD systems have 4 part sets..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

lr335mpg wrote: »
    I have a limitation with my HKC SW14/110 - I need more than part guard A and B.
    I understand I can inhibit zones and use blocks etc - and have tried a few different combinations of inhibits and blocks but ultimately this is not as family friendly as 0#7 etc.

Currently :
    Part Guard B - House windows + garage + House doors

I would like :
    Part Guard B - House windows + garage
    Part Guard C - House windows + garage + House doors

Q1. Is there a quick code (0#7,0#8 etc) solution to this ?
    Q2. Are there more than 2 part guard modes in the new HKC panels ?
    Q3. What alternative brand that can handle 2+ part guard modes?
    Q4. Would a Siemens SPC5330 do what I'm thinking above with 16 areas?
    Q5. Is there a better idea than having to disarm between part guards and not just jump straight from A to B ... C etc?

I know there are multiple questions - but thanks if you can help.

Only way to do this would be to set up different areas as there is only 2 partsets and one full set on the HKC system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lr335mpg

Thanks for reply - Altor and Koolkid.

From what I can see neither HKC or Siemens have more than 2 PG options and the quick codes only apply to PG arming. So for what I need it's multiple user codes to arm blocks / areas. Although I see Pyronix Euro range have 4 PG keys - I've not much experience with their panels - just dialers.

I've configured 4 blocks with 4 user codes - the 4th block I don't use - but it prevents the remaining common zones from being armed. It works well allowing me to be selective about which block needs to be armed without having to disarm other blocks.

One nag using the user code / blocks - the keypads red led doesn't flash to indicate armed state - which was handier than now having to read the LCDs to see which block is SET. Am I right in thinking the red LED only flashes for PG arming or have I missed something?

I have the SW14/110 engineer menu and 6/10+10/10 Technical manual - is there any other HKC manual which gives a more comprehensive description of each menu point and option? The Siemens manuals appear to be very comprehensive.

Thanks to all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are pretty much at the limit of what can be done with what you have I think.
    You could use external led indicators switched by outputs to display when different areas are set/part set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't think I've ever been asked for a third party set.

• Advertisement

II think it's becoming more of an option as the number of zones on the average domestic system increases.
    Likewise we never bothered with a part set B until the option became available.

Even two part sets being used wouldn't be too common IMO. Most people want to keep it as simple as possible.

The easier options to force set also cover numerous options now on many systems now.

The force set on the Siemens is handy.

It is. Easily let's you inhibit anything you want in one go.

• Advertisement

I guess some system users are driven by features and information while others are content to keep things simple and easily operated.

The SW14/110 is in service since July 2004. It's monitoring ~30 zones. Both partguard A & B in service since first day and used daily.

Thanks for all your comments.

Right now I think I'll go and do some more searching on a replacement panel - like you said Koolkid - might be at the limit of the panel.

Apart from some of the limitations I've mentioned on this thread I also would like features for KNX / PLC integration and web browser access to the panel.

lr335mpg wrote: »

Apart from some of the limitations I've mentioned on this thread I also would like features for KNX / PLC integration and web browser access to the panel.

Siemens Vanderbilt seems to check almost everything there for you.

I forgot to update this thread.

I went with zone codes and effectively have 4 pass codes for the 4 different areas. It works as easily as part guard.

I haven't used part guard since.

Thank you to everyone for your comments and advise.

Advertisement