Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Radio APP

Options
  • 16-02-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if it is just me.
    Today FM app on Android starts, plays for about 10 secs and then a phone advert starts. The stupid one with the pig. You can skip it after 6 secs, but why would Today FM build this into their app. It is really annoying and purposely cuts across their own presenters.
    Is there a way to stop these ads appearing when you load the app, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

And thats why it is a free app. At least it only goes off at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Use TuneIn. No audio adverts. All the radio stations you could want.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Use TuneIn. No audio adverts. All the radio stations you could want.

Anybody else having an issue with TuneIn paid version with TodayFM ads? I notice it is only TodayFM that each time you tune in you have to listen to an ad first. It becomes very annoying as you move form WIFI to 4g and vice versa the break up creates another forced advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 loumasry

Stupidly short-sighted. Forcing people to listen to an ad before they can listen to the station... which broadcasts ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ndolan

This is driving me nuts!
    Whenever I walk between wifi and mobile data the connection resets and I have to endure the 30 second ad again.

This happens all the time if I am in and out of the office or working in the garden at the weekend and go too close to the house.
    Sometimes this happens as i am cycling down the road and the mobile handover seems to reset the connection.
    I lost count of the times I listened to Deirdre O'Kane last weekend banging on about toilet roll and ruining the live football.

I have changed to Newstalk and RTE for morning and evening commute, the only thing I will attempt to listn to now is live Saturday football. Besides turning off wifi and sticking with mobile data (which still screws up occasionally) is there anything I can do to stop this?

• Advertisement

ndolan wrote: »
    This is driving me nuts!
    Whenever I walk between wifi and mobile data the connection resets and I have to endure the 30 second ad again.

This happens all the time if I am in and out of the office or working in the garden at the weekend and go too close to the house.
    Sometimes this happens as i am cycling down the road and the mobile handover seems to reset the connection.
    I lost count of the times I listened to Deirdre O'Kane last weekend banging on about toilet roll and ruining the live football.

I have changed to Newstalk and RTE for morning and evening commute, the only thing I will attempt to listn to now is live Saturday football. Besides turning off wifi and sticking with mobile data (which still screws up occasionally) is there anything I can do to stop this?

I though I was alone. I find myself doing the same. Unless I really want to listen to TodayFM, I've generally stopped tuning in altogether especially if I'm out and about because of the constant ad interruptions.

ndolan wrote: »
    is there anything I can do to stop this?
    As far as I unsterstood, in the free version of the TuneIn App this was normal but once you pay for the full version the ads stop. I'm not sure how TodayFM got around this and yes if anybody knows how to stop the forced advert please do tell!

miketv wrote: »
    Anybody else having an issue with TuneIn paid version with TodayFM ads? I notice it is only TodayFM that each time you tune in you have to listen to an ad first. It becomes very annoying as you move form WIFI to 4g and vice versa the break up creates another forced advert.
    Same here. TuneIn Pro and I'm getting an Irish Life ad every time the stream restarts. Very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The proverbial dog wouldn't make a mobile streaming app that replays ads everytime it changes data connection

Complain to the fantastic team that tailored the app to be a complete POS :

"Our great products are backed by our fantastic team and tailored to your needs. !!!!111!!! "

http://thisisaim.com/#contact

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ndolan

Let Today FM know how sucky it is: info@todayfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I use xiialive pro and don't hear any ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Another fine reason not to listen to Today FM. Radioplayer app has the ad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Today FM are doing this themselves by injecting the ad into the stream at launch - nothing to do with TuneIn. Very sneaky of Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Today FM have multiple streams - found one with no advert at the start. You can listen in a browser: http://pri.gocaster.net/td2

Advertisement