Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this symbol ?

Options
  • 16-02-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

This symbol just appeared on my lock screen. It's like a step counter or something and it says paused but I don't have anything like that on my phone.

Anyone know why it's there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    This symbol just appeared on my lock screen. It's like a step counter or something and it says paused but I don't have anything like that on my phone.

Anyone know why it's there ?

Screen shot of the symbol would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The picture never posted. It's like a shoe and a man running beside it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Looks like the runkeeper app symbol. Looks like a run that was started and paused

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

According to http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/454660-sneaker-shoe-icon.html it's a step counter you must have installed?

• Advertisement

I didn't install any step counter unless there's a default one that I put on by mistake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If I recall correctly, some model of Samsung Galaxy's had them installed as part of their own software ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I didn't install any step counter unless there's a default one that I put on by mistake ?

phone probably just thinks you're a bit overweight and could do with a run!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

GBX wrote:
    If I recall correctly, some model of Samsung Galaxy's had them installed as part of their own software ?

GBX wrote:

It comes pre installed on the galaxy s6 & I'm pretty sure it was on my old s4 under a different name

Ya it's called s health. It must have been pretty installed on my s4. I can't find a way to get it off my lock screen tho , would if be wasting my battery by being there ? The bat was bad enough already ha

• Advertisement

What phone are you using now? Android 4.4 ? 5.0 ?

GBX wrote: »
    What phone are you using now? Android 4.4 ? 5.0 ?

I'm using an s4. Don't have a clue if it's 4.4 or 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

rottie 11 wrote:

Slightly off topic here. They are launching the s7 this weekend & I honestly think that the s4 is still a great phone even though I've upgraded to the s6

To disable the pedometer on the lockscreen open: Menu --> Settings --> Lock Screen --> Additional Information In this submenu of the Android operating system you can disable the pedometer on the lock screen by removing the tick at "pedometer".

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

I think that the issue of preinstalled applications have to be disabled if not needed to save resources

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Wifi hotspot

Advertisement