Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 EUR when you switch current account to PTSB

Options
  • 16-02-2016 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Permanent TSB are giving 50 EUR to those that switch to PTSB .

To get your €50 simply switch your Current Account between 15 February and 25 March 2016. Then complete the switch by 29 April 2016.

We’ll credit €50 into your Current Account before 20 May 2016.

*can't send a link as new member

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

UknowY wrote: »
    Permanent TSB are giving 50 EUR to those that switch to PTSB .

To get your €50 simply switch your Current Account between 15 February and 25 March 2016. Then complete the switch by 29 April 2016.

We’ll credit €50 into your Current Account before 20 May 2016.

*can't send a link as new member

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/current-accounts/current-account/50-euro-offer-terms-and-conditions/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Of course i'd already be a customer grr

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

The charges makes this not worth while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭enoughalready

Free banking charges if you lodge €1,500 a month into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

I switched from Aib to tsb around October to avail of this offer. I think I'll be switching everything back to Aib though because standing orders and direct debits seem to go out whenever they feel like it. The app they have is terrible as well when it does work. With Aib I can see pending transactions but with tsb it just gives a total and the amount of transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,112 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

guil wrote: »
    I switched from Aib to tsb around October to avail of this offer. I think I'll be switching everything back to Aib though because standing orders and direct debits seem to go out whenever they feel like it. The app they have is terrible as well when it does work. With Aib I can see pending transactions but with tsb it just gives a total and the amount of transactions.
    I feel opposite switched last month and no issues.
    I can see pending transactions, amounts etc on my app...

gmisk wrote: »
    I feel opposite switched last month and no issues.
    I can see pending transactions, amounts etc on my app...

You can't see what the pending transactions are though. Just that there is x for €xx

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And how did it go when you spoke to them? I switched about 2 years ago and have saved around €400 in charges that BOI would have charged me. Happy days.

Find them brilliant to deal with ime.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You can't see what the pending transactions are though. Just that there is x for €xx

Arn't you contradicting yourself there? Lets swap out the x's for real world scenarios.

"You can't see what the pending transactions are though. Just that there is SUPERVALU SWORDS for €45.29". What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

I think the pending transaction issue is with the mobile app. On the app it just gives you a total for pending transactions and not the individual ones. On the website it details them all.

Also I think they will be updating their app soon. I just completed a survey on what features I would like. If they implement even half of the ones they are thinking of, it will be the best mobile app from any Irish bank.

I switched over 6 months ago. No fees, as I lodge €1500 a month. If you do this it's a free bank account and the only one in Ireland with easy conditions to meet to remain free.

I don't understand why people have problem with it.

With regard to direct debits, PTSB has no influence on when these are debited from your account. The creditor (utility/company) decides this.

• Advertisement

Arn't you contradicting yourself there? Lets swap out the x's for real world scenarios.

"You can't see what the pending transactions are though. Just that there is SUPERVALU SWORDS for €45.29". What more do you want?

Mine doesn't show that. All it says is 4 transactions and total amount say €150. It's impossible to tell if a direct debit was paid or not until a few days later. Sky was due to be paid on the 13th and I can't tell if it was or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

guil wrote:
    Mine doesn't show that. All it says is 4 transactions and total amount say €150. It's impossible to tell if a direct debit was paid or not until a few days later. Sky was due to be paid on the 13th and I can't tell if it was or not.

Mine is the same but the desktop site will give you that info or a quick call to open 24, I always find them really helpful. It's probably common knowledge but it's something I wasn't aware of until recently, if you use contactless payments it doesn't show up as pending it just comes out when it clears so it can be a bit of a shock, was for me at first but I monitor it now.

nkav86 wrote: »
    If you use contactless payments it doesn't show up as pending it just comes out when it clears so it can be a bit of a shock, was for me at first but I monitor it now.

Yep this is the same for all Irish banks. Contactless payments are off-line payments. The card terminal does not check your balance with your bank when you make the payment, it just automatically authorises the payment. Hence it is impossible to see your balance on your account decrease in real-time. The balance is updated when the card terminal runs it batch programme, either at the end of the day or a few times a day.

It is possible for banks to force Contactless payments on-line. However this would increase the transaction time significantly. I believe the new Number 26 card does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

user1842 wrote: »
    I think the pending transaction issue is with the mobile app. On the app it just gives you a total for pending transactions and not the individual ones. On the website it details them all.

Also I think they will be updating their app soon. I just completed a survey on what features I would like. If they implement even half of the ones they are thinking of, it will be the best mobile app from any Irish bank.

I switched over 6 months ago. No fees, as I lodge €1500 a month. If you do this it's a free bank account and the only one in Ireland with easy conditions to meet to remain free.

I don't understand why people have problem with it.

With regard to direct debits, PTSB has no influence on when these are debited from your account. The creditor (utility/company) decides this.

Can this be the payment of wages from an employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

user1842 wrote:
    card terminal does not check your balance with your bank when you make the payment, it just automatically authorises the payment.

Would this mean it's possible for your account to be overdrawn due to insufficient funds at the time of payment or would it just refuse the transaction at source?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

user1842 wrote:
    I believe the new Number 26 card does this.

The number 26 card?

nkav86 wrote: »
    Would this mean it's possible for your account to be overdrawn due to insufficient funds at the time of payment or would it just refuse the transaction at source?

Yes you can overdraw your account with a off-line contactless payment. This is the reason why some banks pick the customer segments they send the cards too. However the card will force PIN entry and an on-line check after contactless transactions are made over €45*. Thus the maximum exposure of the bank would be <=€45.

*I think €45 is the current limit, it was 6 months ago anyway.

markpb wrote: »
    The number 26 card?

New German provider offering free currents account to Ireland:

https://number26.eu/ie/

You get a German IBAN rather than a Irish one.

Cape Clear wrote: »

Yes. Doesn't matter where it comes from once it's over €1500 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 32,112 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can see who they are for and how much...is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Yepp, that is how most people do this.

gawker wrote: »
    Yepp, that is how most people do this.

Must have a look over the last 3 months transactions. Myself and the missus have a joint current account with PTSB but are getting charged €12 a quarter in fees. Between lodgements to cover home loan, shopping etc. we must be hitting the €1,500 easily. Is this the only condition for free banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yes. Doesn't matter where it comes from once it's over €1500 per month

Can you withdraw it and lodge it ?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Can you withdraw it and lodge it ?

Pretty sure you can. We have a joint account for rent and bills, and we'd both put in 800 a month to cover everything, and that covered the bank fees too. We've moved though, and our rent+bills is less than 1500. Quick chat with the bank and they said it only needs to be lodged into the account, and it doesnt need to stay there. Since then I just transfer 1500 into that account and then transfer back 200-300 back to my account a day or 2 later. I really should just setup a standing order to do all this.

You're talking about the app. My bad. You're correct, the app doesn't tell you what the pending transactions are, but the website does. I admit, once or twice ive wondered about pending transactions while on my phone, and had to get onto the PC. Slight inconvenience I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Defo worth the move - I was paying about €140 a year in fees, switched last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I switched from aib a few months back. No issues, other than their mobile app is much worse than AIB's. With AIB's app you could log in quickly with just your 5 digit code, with PTSB you have to type out your number, password and code. If they brought in a quick log in feature with the app I'd have no complaints. Only other issue was I wanted to switch my credit card from AIB to them also but gave up in the end because they were looking for an insane level of documentation (e.g. statements from old savings accounts that had been closed etc!)

okedoke wrote: »
    I switched from aib a few months back. No issues, other than their mobile app is much worse than AIB's. With AIB's app you could log in quickly with just your 5 digit code, with PTSB you have to type out your number, password and code. If they brought in a quick log in feature with the app I'd have no complaints. Only other issue was I wanted to switch my credit card from AIB to them also but gave up in the end because they were looking for an insane level of documentation (e.g. statements from old savings accounts that had been closed etc!)

Have to say I'm kind of uncomfortable about the 5 digit code being the only security needed on the AIB app.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

With PTSB a few years now. Genuinely didn't think other banks still had charges for their current account.

• Advertisement

Have to say I'm kind of uncomfortable about the 5 digit code being the only security needed on the AIB app.[

Advertisement