Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK import/NCT Mileage

Options
  • 16-02-2016 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Lads I've a UK import (I think) 2004 Passat. Clock has been changed to km from miles so reads as km on the dashboard but it's coming up as that's what it is in miles on the NCT disk. I will do a cartell check in a day or two but just wanted to know is it just a case of unit mismatch or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Were the clocks properly changed or just the face of the dials to change the units? Very strange that a 2004 would be changed at all as it would have had dual units if it was a UK car.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭adammcknight

Were the clocks properly changed or just the face of the dials to change the units?

I honestly don't know.. it was done by the previous owner. Would it be right to go by what the NCT mileage says then? I was going to do the cartell report but it asks for the mileage and I don't know what to put in..

Is it possible that it was set at miles the for last years NCT and was at kilometers for this year's so a mistake was made? I've had the car 6/7 months and only put 5000 miles on it MAX... it seems nearly impossible that it could go from NCT to NCT and put 95,000 miles on it in the 5/6 months I didn't own it...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

I honestly don't know.. it was done by the previous owner. Would it be right to go by what the NCT mileage says then? I was going to do the cartell report but it asks for the mileage and I don't know what to put in..

I've seen a lot of Nct certs with the wrong mileage reading printed on the cert (miles instead of Klms and vice versa) and it's not easy to get the Nct crowd to change it after you've left the test centre. Do a Motorcheck report instead of Cartell because they will give you the mileage readings they have on file even when you don't enter a mileage reading. Send me a private message and I'll get you a discount code.

I had a feeling I'd have trouble with them but I need to have it fixed... Very tricky to sell a car with a mess up like this. I appreciate your help! PM sent

• Advertisement

**Just leaving an update for anyone that may have the same issue:**

Went up to the NCT centre on a Monday, told them what the story was, left my cert with them, gave them my address and had a corrected cert sent out in the post by the Friday.

Had no hassle at all. Very sound about it. Even got a call on the Wednesday to say it had been sorted and it was in the post.

Advertisement