Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Front Door

Options
  • 15-02-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    So we are at the stage of choosing our windows and doors. I have decided on a double front door. I would like a hardwood double doors. I was advised yesterday that it would be wise to have these opening out the way. I am not a fan of my front doors opening out the way. Does anyone have double front doors that open in the way? Another option would be to have a large single door with side glass panels. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

I have a double front door. Recently installed. Only one of the doors opens and it opens inwards. The other side of the double door is a "false" door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SelfBuildMay15

That's for quick reply. Do you mind me asking is yours a timber door or uPVC? We are looking at a composite aluclad door and as these are more expensive, we may decide on single door - budget may not allow for two of these doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Timber frame (teak I think). Doors are composite (not aluclad just normal composite).

If you on your email addy I will sent a picture.

Advertisement