Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Night of BBC Three

Options
  • 15-02-2016 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Last programme is Gavin and Stacey at 3.25am, then it disappears from the TV schedules.

It then moves online (although it won't be available legally to Irish viewers). All it's programmes will be broadcast on BBC One or Two at some point.

Will anyone miss it? It had a few good programmes here and there but it never really became a station of choice from most people in it's target demographic. I would be worried that other BBC services will also close before too long.

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/get-your-final-fix-of-bbc-three-tonight-before-the-switch-off-1314973

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'll miss it for American Dad episodes with no ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just some of it's excellent output - Gavin and Stacey, Being Human, Him & Her, Uncle, The Fades, In The Flesh, Pramface, The Mighty Boosh!

Damn shame to see it go..

Joke of a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Such a shame to see it go, it had some really innovative shows that would never see the light on day on any other BBC channel.

I'll also miss my nightly ad-free Family Guy and American Dad, it was great to have on while lying in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean12319

Rarely watched it only for stuff like sun sex suspicious parents and barely legal drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Most of the time I looked down on this channel tbh and associated it with trash like Freaky Eaters or Britain's Best Butcher.

It did, however, at times produce excellent documentaries, and had political programmes that were geared towards the young that you just wouldn't find on the other BBC stations.

I'm actually sad to see it go. I think telly will be poorer without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anybody remember 'Monkey Dust'?

Ran for three series on BBC Three - one of the funniest tv shows ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anybody remember 'Monkey Dust'?

Ran for three series on BBC Three - one of the funniest tv shows ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Dust

I have it on dvd. Funny and a bit messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was a good quality channel. I'll miss it because when there was nothing to watch elsewhere there was always Russell Howard or Family Guy to see. They also showed movies in the early evening at times which was great as they were ad free. It's a real shame it's been taken off air. I'll miss it. The great thing about it was that it was consistent. You always knew you were going to get quality shows and that is hard to find anywhere else in FTA land.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Most of the time I looked down on this channel tbh and associated it with trash like Freaky Eaters or Britain's Best Butcher.

It did, however, at times produce excellent documentaries, and had political programmes that were geared towards the young that you just wouldn't find on the other BBC stations.

I'm actually sad to see it go. I think telly will be poorer without it.

I'd agree with that. I (and others) probably judged the station harshly based on it's worst programmes, but what channels don't have their share of turkeys?

Some of the recent documentaries by Reggie Yates and Professor Green were excellent (and probably others I haven't watched).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

That's quite sad actually. I cannot get to sleep without watching American Dad/Family Guy in bed.
    I'll email the BBC to say that they have made my insomnia worse by taking this decision.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The new series of Cuckoo starts tonight on BBC3. What crap timing. :mad:

Recorded the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover episode last night having never seen it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

will miss it as every evening myself my son (5) and daughter (7) would sit down to watch top gear !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They better just delete BBC3 from the Freesat EPG, it's a proper pain in the hole having it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

EPG has Gavin and Stacey on tonight at 1am and Some Girls from 2am to 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aren't they now going to use the frequency for BBC One +1? Will be useful but will miss three all the same

BBC One +1 was mooted but will not be happening. It was seen as a wasteful exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I'll miss Stacey Dooley, although since I moved from UPC to Sky I always forget to go up to the 200+ so haven't watched it recently. am sue I'll get my Stacey fix elsewhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Plenty of good programmes on it in its time, like How not to live your life and odd choices on keeping or ditching shows, but ultimately, if it came down to chopping BBC3 or BBC4, I'd keep BBC4 all the way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Recorded the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover episode last night having never seen it!

Recorded the Fighting irish ep with Liam Neeson for future use, was very funny that one.

Btw: Considering the crossover, i could have sworn Bart was in an earlier ep on Family Guy.

Isn't it gone to ITV2 now?

Family Guy starts on ITV 2 next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Zaph wrote: »
    The new series of Cuckoo starts tonight on BBC3. What crap timing. :mad:
    Series 3 of Cuckoo is repeated on BBC One NI starting tonight (22nd Feb) at 11.15pm. Other regional BBC One variations may be showing it at 10.45pm so check your guide.

Advertisement