Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some feedback please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well here's my opinion. Everybody will have a different idea about each picture, but once you are happy with it. That's all that matters.

1. I like this one but my screen is not calibrated. Unable to tell if it's saturated. The blue on the right looks a little too blue. My eye keeps wandering that way, when I think it should be on the wheel.

2. If it was me I would straighten up Big Ben.

3. I love this one.

4. I don't mean to be mean, but this picture doesn't interest me. I want to skip over it asap. The lights in the top right look overexposed.

5. Not too interesting. It also looks overexposed.

6. I like this one too. Looks a little overexposed and could be straightened. I'd also increase the contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think No. 4 is the only one in any way interesting. The rest are either photos of landmarks, or touristy spots that don't say anything about you or the subject. I can see what you were going for with the post going into the sky, but it's not marked enough to make an impact. I'd try pushing the contrast even more to add to the starkness and angles of the thing.

I like No. 4. I think it says something about standing in a highly illuminated, artificially lighted, tube station. You're standing, waiting, for something you have to do but would rather not. The world and other things don't care for you as you've stepped outside it into a nether land of not doing anything. The train is rushing past, and it's not for you. Other things are happening, you're not one of the happening things. You've become a nothing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Just my opinion....

Really like #3, works very well

#6>#5 but both feel a bit like tourist snaps. I think the image is too 'busy' and could do with being cropped a bit

#4 just doesn't work for me, maybe it feels to close or something but....

Would also straighten big Ben

#1 feels 'overdone', which is funny since I suspect you haven't processed much if at all! It just feels like too many parts of the image are competing for my attention.

Just my opinion though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I like 1,2,3 and as said, I would straighten up Big Bill, it's the best shot there .

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Thanks all

1.I like this photo and have done nothing to it
    2.Straightened
    3.This is my favourite
    4.I just snapped this at the last minute so not much thought gone into it.I think it could do with being further back
    5.Yea the last two were a bit overexposed due to the fact the sun was over to the right coming up
    6.out of the last two i prefer this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

#1 I think might have benefited from a little more foreground interest, maybe pulling back with a zoom would help to balance the shot?
    #2 I like it!
    #3 It's an interesting angle on a bridge element, it looks a little grainy or high ISO noise? I'm not sure which but the lighting looks great and works well.
    #4 It captures quintessential London
    #5 & #6 I would straighten for the photo's of Tower Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

24465854023_61d51c2e13_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

25066445246_2085990071_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

25092786125_660d56a9a0_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

24725146549_7dc9d2302b_c.jpgUntitled by stephen harborne, on Flickr

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

1st Batch:

I quite like 2 & 3 though I agree that Big Ben needs to be straightened. The other photos are just not the type of photo that interest me but 1 looks technically good. 4, 5 & 6 have a "tourist snap" feel to them.

2nd Batch:

Don't particularly like 1. It's too cluttered and the reflections are distracting.
    2 is a nice composition but the B&W processing feels too dull/grey for my own taste.
    I really like 3, best of the bunch. I think it needs to be slightly straightened though but other than that I think it's a great photo.
    4 is quite good too, interesting contrast between the old and the new.

Advertisement