Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dawkins update on soundcloud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

He sounds reasonably lucid, as intelligent as ever. He's even able to crack a few jokes. As strokes go I've heard of a lot worse than this. Obviously he'll have a road to recovery ahead of him. Whether he gets those motor functions back fully is anyone's guess. In terms of the "controversy" in which he often embroils himself it might be time for him to delegate authority & let someone else battle the twits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Church of England tweeted that they were praying for him, and some folks thought they were trolling, but RD's enjoyed cordial relations with the CoE for many years, and I'm sure he'll take that in the spirit in which it was intended. It's their way of saying they wish him well.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"If you've got to have a stroke, this is a pretty good one" lol

Very sad - I didn't hear about this on the news. Higher brain functions undamaged, thankfully. I've no idea what the prognosis in a case like this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Let's all pray for him

Advertisement