Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes to all your questions.

Test with three at peak times (7pm on a Friday) before going ahead with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

thanks Ed, I suppose it couldn't get worse than2mb??

Could i get a cheaper router, or has anyone got one? Checking around the house i can get 4 bars of 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Just took delivery of this router and currently waiting on some fme to sma adapters to try it out.

I'm running a MR3420 with a E3272 connected at present, which is working quite well with an antenna outside.

I like the options this new router is giving me and it doesn't tie me down to one provider and will also do away with the need for the separate usb dongle.

hi lads,

i bought the dlink dwr 921 and got the three all you can eat sim.

Popped in the sim, all good, but then it keeps on dropping the connection and i have to reboot the router.

Now i've tried the sim in another router and it works fine.

so the dwr

My Internet Connection is :
    Host Name :
    3G/4G Internet Connection Type
    Enter the information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Prefer Service Type :
    Dial-Up Profile : Auto-Detection
    Reconnect Mode : Auto
    Maximum Idle Time : seconds
    Keep Alive : Use Ping
    Ping Interval : 60 seconds
    Ping IP Address :
    Bridge ethernet ports : Enable
    Roaming : Enabled
    DNS check : Enable
    NAT disable : Enable
    Transparent Bridge : Enable

do i need to change anything?

Formatting is dodge but
    Dial-Up Profile : Auto-Detection
    Reconnect Mode : Auto
    Maximum Idle Time : seconds
    Keep Alive : Use Ping
    Ping Interval : 60 seconds

This is where you need to configure it to be always on, otherwise it will idle and disconnect after a short period of no traffic. Look for "Always on" or "Pinned/Nailed up".

• Advertisement

ok next question...

Got myself a cheap internal antenna, which came with ts9 male (I think) connectors. My modem has sma female connectors. Is there any way to connect the ts9 connectors to my modem. I have searched and can find the appropriate ts9 to sma connectors but no way to connect the two ts9 connections????

I'm poor on antennas but it sounds like you need a "back to back" connector (AKA male to male or female to female).

Advertisement