Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Li-Ion DIY Camper Build

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I use single recycled laptop cells in led torches and even those give me the willies carrying it in my pocket, I certainly wouldn't sleep well above his battery bank.

It would be about 200 good cells to replace a 110Ah leisure battery, you'd have to gather a lot more, dismantle them, charge and cycle them, analyse the results, sort them, assemble them, and the resulting battery would be still be pretty dangerous.

I use single recycled laptop cells in led torches and even those give me the willies carrying it in my pocket, I certainly wouldn't sleep well above his battery bank.

It would be about 200 good cells to replace a 110Ah leisure battery, you'd have to gather a lot more, dismantle them, charge and cycle them, analyse the results, sort them, assemble them, and the resulting battery would be still be pretty dangerous.

Yurp.

Hand soldered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

link not working, wanted to see what the fuss was about

Agent_47 wrote: »
    link not working, wanted to see what the fuss was about

Yeah boards are a wee bit messy these days hit the underlined hard "link" in the original post.

• Advertisement

It would be about 200 good cells to replace a 110Ah leisure battery,

62kWh
    5727 x 18650 cells all in, complete with range extending trailer P.

Link
    bicycle.gif
    you'd have to gather a lot more, dismantle them, charge and cycle them, analyse the results, sort them, assemble them, and the resulting battery would be still be pretty dangerous.

Here is that
    His Mk-II modules were ganged on fuse wire instead of the solar tab he's using below.

Link

popcorn1-smiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

cheers

P.S How do get the emoji to display rather than as an attachment?

a23us4jpg.gif.html?filters[term]=popcorn%20eating%20smiley&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=19

Find one you like on another site, right click on it and "copy image location", use the boards insert image button in the formatting options above the text for new message, then Ctrl + V or right click and paste where it asks for image URL. ballspin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Out of curiosity what is the danger - Is it fire from a short?

• Advertisement

I love the way the guy with the vw bus makes out like spending five thousand bucks on a very desirable reasonably rust free vintage vw is mad. Then makes little of spending 5k on a pair of seats. He probably spent three times as much on his seats as the battery bank.
    SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what is the danger - Is it fire from a short?

A single cell failure can very quickly cascade, a momentary short, physical damage, internal corrosion etc. Just google 18650 explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzEHsJVZhA

12 x Trojan T1275: 150Ah @ 144V: £2.5k
    24 x Trojan T105: 225Ah @ 144V £3.2k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

I love the way the guy with the vw bus makes out like spending five thousand bucks on a very desirable reasonably rust free vintage vw is mad. Then makes little of spending 5k on a pair of seats. He probably spent three times as much on his seats as the battery bank.

A single cell failure can very quickly cascade, a momentary short, physical damage, internal corrosion etc. Just google 18650 explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzEHsJVZhA

Wow!:eek:

Advertisement