Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Download

Options
  • 15-02-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Bit of a complicated one from me here so bear with me.

I recently downloaded the free Bruce Springsteen album that he released as compensation for missing an American concert due to the weather.
    It's the first time I've downloaded a full album as opposed to individual tracks.
    It's also the first time I've downloaded to a tablet (no room on phone).

Here's my problem.
    It downloaded fine, but to docs and not to music and each track came as a separate mp3.
    I can play them all perfectly from docs one by one but there doesn't seem to be a way of getting them to play in sequence. It just stops after each song and I have to tap the next one each time it finishes. I can't seem to find a continuous/repeat/shuffle icon.
    Anyone know a solution to this? I don't have a computer so transferring files etc isn't an option.

Hope this makes sense and sorry for the long windedness.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bit of a complicated one from me here so bear with me.

I recently downloaded the free Bruce Springsteen album that he released as compensation for missing an American concert due to the weather.
    It's the first time I've downloaded a full album as opposed to individual tracks.
    It's also the first time I've downloaded to a tablet (no room on phone).

Here's my problem.
    It downloaded fine, but to docs and not to music and each track came as a separate mp3.
    I can play them all perfectly from docs one by one but there doesn't seem to be a way of getting them to play in sequence. It just stops after each song and I have to tap the next one each time it finishes. I can't seem to find a continuous/repeat/shuffle icon.
    Anyone know a solution to this? I don't have a computer so transferring files etc isn't an option.

Hope this makes sense and sorry for the long windedness.

TIA.
    Go to the app "Play Music", and select the album in there. Should all play then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Do you have a File Manager app like ES File Explorer?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

You could use that to move (cut) the files to your music folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks lads.
    I've downloaded ES File Explorer now.
    It brings me to where the album is (Office Suite). I'm tapping the scissors icon (which I presume is 'cut') but it's unresponsive.
    Am I heading in the right direction?

There doesn't seem to be any 'share' icon.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

You could try rocket player,that might pick the album up.

Advertisement