Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage plates - where to get made?

Options
  • 14-02-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Have just imported an early Mk2 GTI and chose ZV plates. Where do people order their black/silver plates? Tips/recommendations well received :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

nowplates.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chasing Shadows

Hey, I used eireplates.com for black /chrome plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

If you have a local TOP PART shop, they will get them for the next day, they charge me E35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

It depends what you want tbh. Are you happy with a regular set of silver-on-black plates? Or do you want a period-correct set of plates? Also, do you want metal or plastic/acrylic plates?

I'm very fussy when it comes to details on my cars, such as plates. I searched long-and-hard for a set of period-correct acrylic plates for my '78 Manta last September. A lot of UK-based suppliers would not supply me with what I wanted (because they wouldnt make silver-on-black plates for a post-1973 car, i.e. when such plates were no longer legal in the UK). I finally found a small UK supplier who made exactly what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ogogo

Silvera wrote: »
    It depends what you want tbh. Are you happy with a regular set of silver-on-black plates? Or do you want a period-correct set of plates? Also, do you want metal or plastic/acrylic plates?

I'm very fussy when it comes to details on my cars, such as plates. I searched long-and-hard for a set of period-correct acrylic plates for my '78 Manta last September. A lot of UK-based suppliers would not supply me with what I wanted (because they wouldnt make silver-on-black plates for a post-1973 car, i.e. when such plates were no longer legal in the UK). I finally found a small UK supplier who made exactly what I wanted.

Hi Silvera, Care to share who the supplier was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Xenophile wrote: »

I have used them for show plates. However, I believe their 'vintage plates' are modern-style pressed metal plates...fine if OP doesnt want period-correct plates.

Advertisement