Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Accountacy Contract

Options
  • 14-02-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I recently started in an top accountancy firm about five months ago, with exams coming up shortly I have realise that accountancy inst for me.
    I'm looking for advise from people who left their contract, did they have to re burst the fees for the exams?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It will depend if it's stated in your contract or not. I've heard of places waving it, taking the fees out of your last pay and I've heard of places invoicing the former employee for the fees. I'd be reading the small print of your contract but expect to pay them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

First as Loughc has said it depends on your contract, but don't be surprise if they ask you to reimburse them for the fees.

In any case are you sure you want to leave or are you simply overwhelmed by the whole full time working and studying at the same time? Depending on the body you are studying on you might be able to take less subjects and go slower if you feel it suits you better.

Whatever you do, don't make any rush change and above all don't leave a job without having another one lined up

Advertisement